Post your Projects Here!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The M project.

I tried to start it but discovered that the starter was bad too!

The neighbor is coming today to try to pull start it so I can at least see if the engine runs now and I can drive it up into the barn.

All thats left if to put the decals on and the tin and the mud guard above the front wheels.

Now if I can just hear it run once! :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a 1942 A Farmall that I bought in July, 1992, in Elbert County, GA. After I purchased it, I found that it was in an estate that was being disputed. I finally brought it home two weeks ago - 19 months, later! I got it running, and it runs GREAT - even though it needs to have the carb rebuilt. A potential "show-stopper" is that when I poured coolant in it, coolant ran out from the torque tube, in front of the clutch. It would be a shame to give up on it, because it has great oil pressure. I will have to split it to find out where the leak is.

A.bmp

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifA.bmp Here is a 1942 A Farmall that I bought in July, 1992, in Elbert County, GA. After I purchased it, I found that it was in an estate that was being disputed. I finally brought it home two weeks ago - 19 months, later! I got it running, and it runs GREAT - even though it needs to have the carb rebuilt. A potential "show-stopper" is that when I poured coolant in it, coolant ran out from the torque tube, in front of the clutch. It would be a shame to give up on it, because it has great oil pressure. I will have to split it to find out where the leak is.

Most likely the frost plug has rusted out at the back of the block.

The original part number would have been 23139V , water jacket expansion plug, 2"

Marty

• 4 weeks later...