Oil and Fuel Filters - 400 series

Sask466

Bermuda Ken

Sorry about being wrong on the fleetgaurd being with cnh still. I stand corrected. Was just at customer app. day and picked up brocure on oils and filters and the fleetgaurd is listed in the back yet.

Just wondering, Ken mentioned longer service intervals coming into play. I change oil once per year, and none of my equipment comes anywhere near 100 hours of use ( combine is the only thing that comes close ).

Does someone in my situation need a "premium" filter?

We have run Baldwin filters here for over 30 years without an issue. Started because of the recommendation of our milk hauler ( it's what he used and had good results).

Just something to think about.....?

Edit to add- my farm truck ( IH 4900) gets serviced once a year as well, last year we put about 3500 miles on it.

I'm like Hillskine I have a lot of equipment and I'm the only operator so there are few hours on any one machine. I change oil mostly once a year but a couple of the machines get theirs changed every other year (very few hours). I've used mostly Baldwin filters for years with no problems. I did have a wix oil and fuel filter on the Bobcat T190 and for no reason (nothing touched it) the fuel filter sprung a leak. A small hole but under pressure it leaked a lot until I stopped the machine. It has Bobcat filters on it now.

DWF

I have sold Donaldson filters for years and am extremely happy with them. For what its worth I liked it better when IHs standard was" It don't matter what brand of engine it will be painted red " I really don't care for the blue. Remember when the cats ,cummins ,and detroits were painted red along with the IH engines?

Archived