806 restoration... Ok 806 paint job

Tore into our 806 to replace the hyrolic pump and re did one of the brakes and added a second hyd. Decided she needed some new paint too!! Engine, tranny and TA seem too good to tear into... Just wondering has and body seen a air intake like mine? It originally connected to the exhaust pipe right above muffler. I got rid of that connection... Are there any advantages to it?

Our project is almost done just need to install lights, unfortunately we opted for leds vs original...

Sounds like you had an asperated system. It draws a vacume using exhaust then it sucks a large portion of the dust from the air entering the air cleaner

Tore into our 806 to replace the hyrolic pump and re did one of the brakes and added a second hyd. Decided she needed some new paint too!! Engine, tranny and TA seem too good to tear into... Just wondering has and body seen a air intake like mine? It originally connected to the exhaust pipe right above muffler. I got rid of that connection... Are there any advantages to it?

Our project is almost done just need to install lights, unfortunately we opted for leds vs original...

Here is a picture of the pre -cleaner still being used today.

These were very popular in the seventies & 80's out here .They were on just about everything.

This 806 is still seeing daily use . Its owned by my Friend John Martin . He decided to keep it up and leave it on as they put it on way back after his dad bought the 806 new.

I was used to seeing them on the heavy use tractors of the time and to me it has a" mean business" look.

Tony

post-8888-0-36410800-1456932031_thumb.jp

Nice Job !! Exhaust Aspirator, like Bitty said.

Thanks for the replying guys! So there is really no point now that I don't have it hooked to exaust?[/quote

Just curious, is there a fan/ impeller inside your pre-cleaner??