Progress report on my 66 I.H. pick-up restoration

6 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

Looking for an enclosed trailer.

Tony

http://www.jasondietschtrailersales.com/product/2017-united-uxt-8-5x-24-enclosed-extra-height-car-hauler-stockun-155125/

People come from all over the country to buy from Jason. 

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I have not posted many finished pic's of the Binder.  Been driving it a little , more , Been to Car Show on April 14/18 recieved a plaque. love driving it 345 is zippy , my big complai

Posted Images

3 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

Thank You B.J. ,I'll be checking on that.

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

My Son Ken ,Unlike his Dad  these days ,is always buried in work & Family .

Finally had a chance to see His Dad's long going project.

Still at upholstery . They are starting to cut & stich ,now that backboards are all made.

Perhaps end of July may have upholstery done.

Tony

IMG_4710.JPG

On 6/5/2017 at 0:15 AM, tony in ca. said:

Looking for an enclosed trailer.

Tony

To pretty to tow behind, i've seen some tri axle 21k gross, enclosed before big enough to haul a Goldie as well...

• 2 weeks later...

Guys , I have posted couple pictures of Uphostery going in on IH group FB

i can upload text pic to fb from my iPhone but not to RPF.

Sorry , my p.c. Still not set up for my pictures . 

Its not a RPF problem it's my problem and we are working on it . 

My pc crashed and we are trying to retrieve & transfer. 

Tony

Are you trying to crash the Facebook page?

Looking forward to seeing it completed

Here are the photos Tony posted to Facebook. 

Tony,
Do I need to make a house call? The trip charge could be a bit pricey! :D

20031832_1402645129782857_5117151890891153984_n.jpg

19961336_1402647306449306_7044584025794407360_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

Here are the photos Tony posted to Facebook. 

Tony,
Do I need to make a house call? The trip charge could be a bit pricey! :D

20031832_1402645129782857_5117151890891153984_n.jpg

19961336_1402647306449306_7044584025794407360_n.jpg

Maybe he will pay you in tractors ? 

;):)

Thank You B.J. !   I would be a big failure on this forum without B.J. pulling me through from time to time.  (  I owe you some Almonds )

I think I have my P.C. going now .

Those are only two pictures I have so far.

First they did the backboard panels to attach upholstery to , Now they are trying to design upholstery  to fit the spaces & panels & compliment truck.

He is working on other door ,two kick panels , back of cab behind seat.  But his challenge, He says, is going to be the headliner to tie into rest of design.  HUH .

After all upholstery is done then seat comes out for the rug install, which he says will be made in panels also like the old cars use to be, with the same strip of leather as seats being used as the seam on rug.

This has been a HUGE learning process for this old dirt farmer.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Checked on Binder today. 7/28/17

Headliner in ,both door panels in , Kick panels he wants to redo and tie in with the pattern,

He is starting on rug ,its being made in pieces also . He plans to use upholstery leather as shifter boot.   Sure glad shop door was opened so I can remember what she looks like.

Last pic is BILL , the fella doing the design & work.

Keeps getting closer, Someday it will be done !

Been dreaming of future, thinking if South Dakota has RPRU again in 2020 +or- maybe I can hitch the trailer behind the M.H. and bring Binder with me.   ( Can't plan to far out guys, I'll be 72 in Dec. So, when I get to talking about doing stuff at 76 + Only the Good Lord Knows what kind of shape I'll be in but I'm going to give it a good fight. Have lot of tractor driving & pickup driving at parades to do, Not to mention getting there :o)

After all it was at South Dakota RPRU that I saw the white 66-67 pickup in the parade that took my breath away with thoughts of it being the first vehicle I drove to school after receiving my drivers lic.   Causing me to set out looking for one to add to my tractor collection. NEVER THINKING IT WOULD END UP BEING THIS SPECIAL.

Would like to make contact with that person at S/D parade. It was a well preserved white 66 or 67 I.H. pickup believe long wheel base & had a cross bed tool box . Looked like it was a daily driver in mint condition. Had nice looking older type aftermarket wheels.

Darn these South Dakota I.H. guys cost me lot of money. :o:P:wub:

Tony

IMG_4761.JPG

IMG_4762.JPG

IMG_4765.JPG

IMG_4766.JPG

IMG_4767.JPG

IMG_4768.JPG

IMG_4769.JPG

IMG_4763.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Little visit with the binder turn up this.  8/7/17

Interior very close to done .  He wants to connect back panel little better, Seat belts , and make removable floor mats.

Need to finish shifter boot . I choose this simple black boot because it ties in with black stick, ,brake  pedals , throttle etc. It has a nice black metal mounting ring.

The tire company mounted one rear tire on rim and went to upholstery shop to mount and measure and inspect.  Wish they would of done a front also.

Ever so slow moving to the finish line.

Tony

IMG_4774.JPG

IMG_4775.JPG

IMG_4777.JPG

IMG_4778.JPG

IMG_4779.JPG

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:25 PM, Sledgehammer said:

The angle shots of the rims are just teasing me. Can't wait to see her rolling!

You and me both !

Tony

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:35 AM, FarmallFan said:

Well , Today I bit the bullet and ordered an enclosed trailer. 8/10/17

Its a Mission Alum enclosed 8.5x26.  All Red with a 6"anodized divider . They usually use that to divide colors in this case it should break up all red.  Parent company is Alcom LLC.

I ordered it with interior & loading lites,  12 Volt & 110 electrical . Driver side escape door.  wrench.  Its rated at 9990 gvw. So between trailer and P.U. should be well under 9990.  Two 5000 lbs axles & 15" 6 hole hubs.

8-10 weeks out.

Tony

12 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

Well , Today I bit the bullet and ordered an enclosed trailer. 8/10/17

Its a Mission Alum enclosed 8.5x26.  All Red with a 6"anodized divider . They usually use that to divide colors in this case it should break up all red.  Parent company is Alcom LLC.

I ordered it with interior & loading lites,  12 Volt & 110 electrical . Driver side escape door.  wrench.  Its rated at 9990 gvw. So between trailer and P.U. should be well under 9990.  Two 5000 lbs axles & 15" 6 hole hubs.

8-10 weeks out.

Tony

So you ordered from Jason? 

2 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

So you ordered from Jason? 

No , I ordered from a local dealer that I have done business with several times.

The Web site you gave was very helpful in my research, However , this dealer is only 8 miles from me

Thanks,

Tony

Just now, tony in ca. said:

No , I ordered from a local dealer that I have done business with several times.

The Web site you gave was very helpful in my research, However , this dealer is only 8 miles from me

Thanks,

Tony

I thought maybe you were staying in the area for a few weeks in your RV. :D

Bigger motor home and it goes where ever you go!!!  We are looking at a class super c with International chassis with 350 cummins rated to pull 20,000 lbs.  Nexus Ghost.  Probably never happen but it is fun to dream.  Keep buying those lottery tickets!!!

jerry