Injector Letter Codes

Sask466

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with injector letter codes. I can't seem to find any info on the Internet or forums about what these codes mean.

Specifically I am asking about my DT466C, the injectors I have in the motor are stamped with an "N" right above the injector hold downs. The pump is a MW, and I am going to open it up (max around 180cc), and I want to figure out if the injectors are up to the task. Long term goal is an A or P pump conversion, but short term I am sticking with the MW.

I would think the stock injectors should handle the mw pump. As far as putting on an a or p pump, that works, what are your goals as far as power.

I am in the "around" 300hp mark as a goal. I have a new S2E turbo I am putting on it. The engine is part of a project involving a '66 Mercury F700 cab and a s1900 IH chassis. It's going to be a big toy, won't ever see heavy weights. It that sense, it won't be that much heavier than a 1ton, so I am hoping to get away without an intercooler for now.

That MW pump might make 300hp? I think the later 5488's had the MW - is there anyone who has rung-out one of these pumps? They are supposed to do 180cc@ 2600rpm. I have heard 2hp per cc of fuel, but that's probably a bit hopeful (and maybe too much for that S2E?)

Look up ambac online. All their info is accessible. Go to the section on akn under fuel pumps and injectors. The chart is there. Going to the 770069 nozzle would be ok, and prolly work good with tne s2e. The mw 10mm pumps do seem to top out around 180 to 200 cc, before getting into the start retard notches.

Awesome! Thank you so much! The next step will be to start turning up the pump, install a pyrometer and see where I end up without the intercooler.

I have seen reference to old IH manuals indicating not to exceed 1400degF. Is this really allowable for temps? Seems high to me. Anyone out there have a max based on past experience?

Archived