Another mini project

Just finished this one. Have done several in the past. I hoard the old fender mount radios and also those that don't work. I get am/fm radios from Sonic Electronics a male them to fit the old boxes them paint them up. They look great on the old tractors and give you some listening pleasure on those lonely tractor rides. post-40-0-42199900-1455664488_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-62442100-1455664507_thumb.jpeg

Jerry

Same mini project I have going on now. Looks good black but at first glance I thought it was the John Deere version. Nice job bet it sounds great! Mike

Same mini project I have going on now. Looks good black but at first glance I thought it was the John Deere version. Nice job bet it sounds great! Mike

It was JD but they were all the same, just different colors and decals I prefer the black.

jerry

My old one still works. Wish I could figure how to use modern earplugs in that old size big headphone jack

Some audio stores sell a adapter.

I tried Radio Shack. They looked at me like I was senile.

My old one still works. Wish I could figure how to use modern earplugs in that old size big headphone jack

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-AH216-Stereo-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B00005T3GH

post-40-0-31408000-1456696263_thumb.jpeg

I picked this up some 20 years ago at a flea market for $20. I thought it might fit my 656 but no luck. Tossed it in the corner of the shed. When the 560 arrived I got to looking and low and behold it was made for it. So I cleaned it up, painted it and installed on the 560. Should be a bit of a conservation piece at shows.

Jerry

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I picked this up some 20 years ago at a flea market for $20. I thought it might fit my 656 but no luck. Tossed it in the corner of the shed. When the 560 arrived I got to looking and low and behold it was made for it. So I cleaned it up, painted it and installed on the 560. Should be a bit of a conservation piece at shows.

Jerry

post-5-0-53194900-1456760729_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Jerry

i got one from an estate auction like that; i was thinking it was made for the 300/350 utility. there was a 350 utility in the auction.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Jerry

It looks like Tony may have got a hold of your tractor....I seem chrome fittings! That is a really nice look & makes it look even sharper.

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-AH216-Stereo-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B00005T3GH

Thanks,used the part # found it on eBay $3.00 and change shipped.

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Jerry

Neat, couple things. What's the shiny thing? The hose on the frt? Is it bolted on so you can pop it off and use the pto.?

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Jerry

Neat, couple things. What's the shiny thing? The hose on the frt? Is it bolted on so you can pop it off and use the pto.?

That is the type of smv bracket that held a pole back when those tractors were new. Usually they were bolted to the fender. There is no hose. I think you are seeing the bolt through the drawbar that holds it from swinging.

jerry

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Jerry

Jerry, was this a popular option/add on back in the day?

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Jerry

Jerry, was this a popular option/add on back in the day?

Don't know how popular it was. Maybe more so in some areas. It is shown as an option in the 560 operators manual.

Jerry