1256 finally getting finished!!

Since there is no T/A, dont have to worry about the dump valve. With the assist, i pull the back boot on the assist. You will see a retaining ring in there. Adj. The back nut so the plunger just rests on that retaining ring. Then go to the front of the assist and adj. That to get the right clutch pedal to platform distance. Most of the time i look up thru the plate underneath and get around 1/4 inch release bearing to fingers on pressure plate. Make sure the trans. Brake is disconnected until the clutch is right then adj. The trans. Brake.

Since there is no T/A, dont have to worry about the dump valve. With the assist, i pull the back boot on the assist. You will see a retaining ring in there. Adj. The back nut so the plunger just rests on that retaining ring. Then go to the front of the assist and adj. That to get the right clutch pedal to platform distance. Most of the time i look up thru the plate underneath and get around 1/4 inch release bearing to fingers on pressure plate. Make sure the trans. Brake is disconnected until the clutch is right then adj. The trans. Brake.

Thanks Brian that is pretty much what I did. I was just double checking it's come this far, hate to start over for a dumb mistake.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...