Jump to content

fencing pictures


mader656
 Share

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, mader656 said:

So the end (king) post is mortised a do about 2 5/8 square a inch deep and and the end of the strut is tenoned to fit tight...a tight fit keeps water out. The strut Is less than 19 degrees to prevent uplift. And 2.5 times the height of the fence. The soil is removed as clean as possible to the width of the strut. A second post is driven to grade or rejection on angle and after its in abit its leaned back to the king post to tension the whole assembly. A good fence guy with all the tools can assemble this brace in 10 minutes in good soil.

Brace will be stronger than a double h brace.

Interesting. Have to add engineering to your repertoire 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Interesting. Have to add engineering to your repertoire 😊

I didn't engineer it. I just build them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mader656 said:

I didn't engineer it. I just build them.

I understand that, just using engineering principles to make a good thing better in a seemingly simpler fashion time wise.  👍🏼👍🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The old post driver had a issue on hills where it would run the pump dry if the hill was to steep and the right hand suction gets above the fluid. And the fluid got way to hot... 4x fluid resvivour and center sump should help the issues.

20220411_183453.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

 

Fine Monday this Tuesday was. Truck is close to 13,000 trailer is 4,000 driver is like 8,000 and the stuff is another 2000.  Yeah, little match of mud and traction control screwed me. Had to back down and got sideways... old payloader struggled till I  got on dry dirt and curled the bucket back. Then it came out.020220419_125417.thumb.jpg.c97046e0c7a9dbdf1b9cb341cab11f56.jpg20220419_130826.thumb.jpg.7e0cae1a953b3559b1b313081206372f.jpg

Any how easter was good.20220417_120941.thumb.jpg.94d78721a5ebf7928c8c9d8db0a2b410.jpg

Little bit of snow last week too. About a foot biggest snow in 2 years.20220413_143750.thumb.jpg.23da0f026332f78c34df712e05e4a80e.jpg

added more hydraulic  capacity to trackmader and it sure runs cooler. From 5 gallon in the tank 20 makes a huge difference in temperature. Might ad 5 more too. This machine will never be done but it's getting better.

20220411_183444.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not to bad for a first attempt at backsighting because it was too windy for a string line. I love this machine.

 

20220421_093122.jpg

20220420_133524.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rough day...finally replaced my bad track...only to get nearly stuck, if the machine couldn't pick itself up to throw rock under the tracks it would have been stuck...

Only to roll off the other track 10 post later...in the rain when I was out of grease... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In happy news I managed to set this line by eye with. It's much easier than a string line or wire when it's windy.

20220427_111804.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Been a minute 

I don't like lifting heavy posts any more.

So i use the machine 

20220506_085031.thumb.jpg.f04171f2e222f0127a6adcce2e3d77ce.jpg

20220521_120251.thumb.jpg.aab01253090090891e0a37a49c45ea70.jpg20220524_130158.thumb.jpg.0c5e984710ee7e3fa119129f907ac3c3.jpg

Nice little  road frontage fence. Cant have t post poping out.

 

20220604_165043.thumb.jpg.eb359ff38568fbb7a69c76f74b623ac2.jpg

After 8 years of fence work i finally decided its time to get a atv. Found a decent fence atv. Meaning cheap already ruff but runs well.

Today is the three year mark since dad passed. Mom and I spread the last of his ashes today. Kinda been a hard day.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mader656 said:

Been a minute 

I don't like lifting heavy posts any more.

So i use the machine 

20220506_085031.thumb.jpg.f04171f2e222f0127a6adcce2e3d77ce.jpg

20220521_120251.thumb.jpg.aab01253090090891e0a37a49c45ea70.jpg20220524_130158.thumb.jpg.0c5e984710ee7e3fa119129f907ac3c3.jpg

Nice little  road frontage fence. Cant have t post poping out.

 

20220604_165043.thumb.jpg.eb359ff38568fbb7a69c76f74b623ac2.jpg

After 8 years of fence work i finally decided its time to get a atv. Found a decent fence atv. Meaning cheap already ruff but runs well.

Today is the three year mark since dad passed. Mom and I spread the last of his ashes today. Kinda been a hard day.

 

 

 

I'm sorry about your Dad.

Looks a lot like our Honda Rancher.  Ours has been pretty tough.  I would buy another one.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just look what you have done with your business in the last three years. Went from a good fence guy to a fencing pro. Equipment, house, more equipment. You are loaded for bear now (can’t beat a Honda) and I’m sure your Father would be proud. Anybody could build a fence but not just anyone can do it and make rugged art of it. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

I'm sorry about your Dad.

Looks a lot like our Honda Rancher.  Ours has been pretty tough.  I would buy another one.

 

Ranchers 350 es turned foot shift.

 

2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Just look what you have done with your business in the last three years. Went from a good fence guy to a fencing pro. Equipment, house, more equipment. You are loaded for bear now (can’t beat a Honda) and I’m sure your Father would be proud. Anybody could build a fence but not just anyone can do it and make rugged art of it. 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monday I started brakes on my trailer they have been suggestions for a little while (7-8 years..) pulled the hubs of Monday went and got parts. Got home got one hub on and my friend needed help sandbagging.  Today I finished the project. 

Trailer brakes get spendy fast. But hopefully good for another few years.

Tomorrow recover from this week and requote this fence. It's on its way to the gulf of Mexico. I have so much better tools this time it should go much better.

Resized_0826201042_HDR.jpeg

Resized_0909201602b_HDR.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

A freind brought up his mini telehandler yesterday got these heavy windows into my house, finally. It is really nice to see this part of the vision coming together.

20220702_162940.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...