mader656

fencing pictures

Happy New Year folks

Ended the year on a down note, 656 would not start at 41 degrees, not a battery issue as it was jumpered to the pickup, glowplugs all ok,  it's had low commpression for a while, going to adjust valves as its been a long time and see if it helps. Hoping to nurse it along till spring...

Hope it works 

May 2020 be a better year for all, 2019 has been hard...

• Sad 1

Happy New Year Mader. 

Mader I hope you and your family have a good and blessed year.

Happy new year Mader. Hope the 656 doesn't require too much love. I hope that 2020 is a good year for you and yours. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe 5 degrees warmer and fired of on the first go this morning. Hmmm

19 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Maybe 5 degrees warmer and fired of on the first go this morning. Hmmm

I would be looking at the fuel, 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

I would be looking at the fuel, 

It's 40 degrees and winter fuel plus antigel.

18 minutes ago, mader656 said:

It's 40 degrees and winter fuel plus antigel.

Water, filter, pumps, Is it losing prime?

Adjusted valves seemed to clean up and run better faster, tomorrow will tell on the cold start, fuel flows good at pump, 

Didn't crack injector loose tho.

Will try again tomorrow on the cold start.

• Like 1

Saw this on facebook, my thought is too install a better gate on a better post. Maybe with a pipe over top so it doesn't sag, then a adult can ride it.

Didn't get chance to try and start the 656 again today... It's dang windy this week 35 plus wind and worse tomorrow makes it hard to weld, or roof my two current projects, its been dry lately, im thinking it's going to blow in a blizzard...

Guess I can't complain it's been nice for a few weeks now...

FB_IMG_1577981604270.jpg

• Like 3

Lucky me, got to work this morning, looked out hood and steam pouring out hood on the pickup...great. Popped hood blown head gasket...cant complain with 385,000 miles.

All but one exhaust manifold bolt out now it broke of 2 threads outside block...hoping when it's off i can vise grip it or weld a nut on it...

I also realized my pickup tool kit is a bit extensive...i don't think I'll open the tool box except to put triplicate tools away....

• Sad 3

That's the way it goes with me almost always a manifold that breaks off. Hope you get it going soon. Wishing you the best of luck with it.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Wes806 said:

That's the way it goes with me almost always a manifold that breaks off. Hope you get it going soon. Wishing you the best of luck with it.

Well got it on the bench...it came out with fingers musta twisted it ti get it out...

• Like 1

Glad to hear that it came out so easy.

Might as well do valve stem seals...but I did not have the right tool oh well I'll make due.

0111201647a.jpg

I have the same problem not the right ools to do a complete so I just make do. Good luck I've had to put many together without new seals and turned out good. 

I figured it's apart the seals were in the kit I had the tool i thought so why not...i used the 3/4 wrench to gain the needed space to push down the springs far enough.

That head is heavy to move, going to need a lift or something to help reinstall that thing with ruining the new gasket.

If you can use studs instead of head bolts. Otherwise you will need to retorque the bolts after 200 miles. 

Note: don't compliment you 6 year old on his own hair cut as your wife is a little up set....

In his defence with one more clip of scissors it looked good. 

• Haha 1

Exhaust manifold would not go on it was as if it was short. About a 1/8 or so...plan of attack manifold in house and on woodstove and heat off in garage so maybe it'll bolt up...

Sorry to hear hope it bolts right up tomorrow.

17 hours ago, Wes806 said:

Sorry to hear hope it bolts right up tomorrow.

No dice....

Had that on several small block gm manifolds used a bolt with a nut and usually a socket or piece of pipe to make a spreader to push them back out

6 hours ago, mader656 said:

No dice....

Sorry to hear that. Not sure how far off bolt holes are. Maybe put a bolt in and use a aliening punch to try and get others in or leave it set overnight like that.

Well it's alive, kinda hurt to drill and tap the new manifold for egt gauge on the plus side it won't blow out anymore...

Off to the next exciting winter project taxes.