fencing pictures

mader656

Ran into a customer I pounded a bunch of post for last fall. Asked me how I got to the posts I'm struggling and broke the front axle on my compact utility geting to them...I told him weight helped...

It sure is nice working on flat ground but goat fence is terrible...

0502180938.jpg

Saw a fence I did not get the bid for.

Something about if you thing quality work is expensive....you should see how expensive the cheap workmanship is... 

I bid welded braces and about 10 more in the mile

He got some hoaky combination of wire and self tapping screws...

Oh well...

Mil (she who must not be named) is coming out for new kids birth....this could be interesting...going to need some farmall therapy....

Have another calf shelter built and ready sitting in the yard.....:ph34r: when she asks what that is for you just say that Jesus was born in a manger so surely you can sleep in one for a few nights :ph34r:  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Mil (she who must not be named) is coming out for new kids birth....this could be interesting...going to need some farmall therapy....

Just roll with it,  I would be willing to guess that her mom helping with the baby and cleaning her house and taking care her kids will wear thin faster than you think. 

Heck, you might not get in trouble with your misses at all.  But I wouldn’t bet on t

2 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

Just roll with it,  I would be willing to guess that her mom helping with the baby and cleaning her house and taking care her kids will wear thin faster than you think. 

Heck, you might not get in trouble with your misses at all.  But I wouldn’t bet on t

You haven't met my Mil. Bout as bad of cool and lazy as it gets...your right ak. The thought of it has worn me thin...

I'm not as bad as some on this forum cough mto cough.

• Haha 1

Forgot a picture but brought in 1800 lbs of fence wire today... Darn near a full load on the old gooseneck....scrap fencing worst thing ever to haul....

Mader----

"scrap fencing"

Will the scrap yards take old rolls of wire.  Been cleaning up my cluttered shop yard-----keep finding one more roll of wire.   Got several sizeable rolls of barb wire.

What do you do with old fencing wire as you replace it??

DD

8 hours ago, Delta Dirt said:

Mader----

"scrap fencing"

Will the scrap yards take old rolls of wire.  Been cleaning up my cluttered shop yard-----keep finding one more roll of wire.   Got several sizeable rolls of barb wire.

DD

They take it at tin price and the guy in the crane get mad.... But they take it. If you separate from heavy metal you get the better prices for it...again a bunch is a pain to haul....

On 5/12/2018 at 12:34 AM, Delta Dirt said:

Mader----

"scrap fencing"

DD

Here they cut it up with a (hydraulic) shear 

This thing is awesome for ground rods....10 seconds.. 6 foot in the ground.0515181112_HDR.thumb.jpg.ba776116726d9025593d06e2a924e1c3.jpg

Also new phone sure takes nice picture.

I love long leads on the welder..0515181338.thumb.jpg.8fa897cde4ed953b071fe67da20bf40e.jpg

Only one long lead needed with a all metal fence...

• Like 1

Also today drove the tractor to the gas station to fill it up it was 8 city blocks...

Pumped it full walked inside to pay grabbed wallet...wasnt there it was in the truck...asked if I could run back and return with cash cashier said it happens occasionally but first time it happened to a guy on a tractor....i guess running red tractors must instill trust cause I was able to leave without leaving contact info or anything...

Dear wife brought in some wild flowering weeds, I thought something was rancid in the trash...she can't smell it and I normally can't smell much...28 days till baby due...

Gotta be near record wettest year to date this is my fill dirt quarry. It's normally dry last fall I dug down 4 feet and still dry got a little rain last night and it's a little wetter now...

Double purpose on the hole so it does not wash out my road...

0518180913.jpg

17 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Gotta be near record wettest year to date this is my fill dirt quarry. It's normally dry last fall I dug down 4 feet and still dry got a little rain last night and it's a little wetter now...

Double purpose on the hole so it does not wash out my road...

0518180913.jpg

Now the kids can go swimming.

• Haha 1

Seeded in some grass in the yard today...the old road drag cattle gaurd makes a good rake as I don't have a grass drill and im not going to rake 5000 square feet.

I really don't have much hope for it to take unless it keeps raining...

0520181817a_HDR.jpg

• Haha 1

Local gravel pit sold recently, new owner tripled prices...

New name for gravel truck "rape truck" was 100 for a full load now 120 for that...

0521181132.jpg

17 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Local gravel pit sold recently, new owner tripled prices...

New name for gravel truck "rape truck" was 100 for a full load now 120 for that...

0521181132.jpg

Yikes. I've got a pit on my place and I use a lot of pit run from it. But when i need it the local concrete guy has a pit only a few miles away and sells 1" crushed base for $6/ton which I think is fair.

Should have loaded it back up....

Also pulled out some lilac for the guy0521181034a.thumb.jpg.29d8d99a6714f11f0a976742af9a359d.jpg

I took the stump groups home planted them hope they take...

Plowed a couple widths to dig a hole cleaned it out with the loader, plowed in the bottom and hauled the better dirt to backfill around them im hoping 10% survives...

Id sure love to molboard for a few acres sometime,

0521181721_HDR.jpg

Round the county today most of the pictures are on the same creek last summer could flow through a 5 gallon bucket culvert

City put in a walking trail last year two 4 foot culvert...up stream they use 9 foot or 10 foot high bridges....

Got home 10 minutes after rain started...

FB_IMG_1527080642290.jpg

0523181406_HDR.jpg

FB_IMG_1527119102934.jpg

0523181254a_HDR.jpg

• Sad 1

Also saw a culvert nine two 10 feet die that moved a mile down the creek....

And a guy sick of waiting to spread manure small say 8 yardish turd horse on a larger D**re articulated.

Might be of help to someone---

I have an app on my android cell phone named:  My Elevation   (free download)

Seems pretty accurate here in the flatlands of the Mississippi Delta.  It might help someone determine where they are in relation to maximum flood stage. 

Maybe check the indicated elevation on the phone against a known benchmark elevation

Take precautions---------good luck to everyone.

DD