fencing pictures

mader656

1 hour ago, mader656 said:

138 inches of snow 50 typical all melted was 65 today. Pics are from today.

And no mud!? Things are just starting to dry up around here.

What blades do you use? I found the harbor freight ones are junk (of course) and so are whatever brand lowes sells. Dewalt and milwakee seem to be about equal life and it doesn't  seem worth it to go to the thicker, higher dollar Dewalt blade because I don't think I get enough more cuts to pay for it. 

Just now, ZachGrant said:

What blades do you use? I found the harbor freight ones are junk (of course) and so are whatever brand lowes sells. Dewalt and milwakee seem to be about equal life and it doesn't  seem worth it to go to the thicker, higher dollar Dewalt blade because I don't think I get enough more cuts to pay for it. 

Fourney seem to be the longest lasting...I'm comparing that with the dewalt blade for half the price to see if it last twice as long I do think the dewalt cut faster tho so that may make up my mind...

On 4/22/2018 at 8:29 AM, ZachGrant said:

I like Sait branded blades. They seem to last much longer than Dewalt for me anyhow.  I'm normally cutting something much heavier than I should be and can be hard on blades. 

31 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I like Sait branded blades. They seem to last much longer than Dewalt for me anyhow.  I'm normally cutting something much heavier than I should be and can be hard on blades. 

Never heard of sait blades...

4 inches of snow and lost the rear driveshaft on the Toyota...it'll sit till it's dry the bolts that hold the shaft on sheared or backed off..cheap fix glad it happened where it did not 4 miles away when I met FedEx...

7 hours ago, mader656 said:

Never heard of sait blades...

The local Air Gas welding shop carries them and I like them 10x over a dewalt blade. 

What a mess...the fence broke just put up another layer...x4 in places...what a mess to remove. removing 600 feet out of the willows not pleasant by any means some is going to stay...

0424181358.jpg

0424181458.jpg

7 hours ago, mader656 said:

What a mess...the fence broke just put up another layer...x4 in places...what a mess to remove. removing 600 feet out of the willows not pleasant by any means some is going to stay...

0424181358.jpg

0424181458.jpg

That's what most of the fences look like around here....  The pasture around my house is still hedge wood posts and hand dug holes. Some of the posts have worn out a couple holes :)  It is in need of repair but the cattle are Dad's hobby and he is content. Brother just finished a good stretch of horse fence for his wife's horses. I don't think hedge posts are good enough for a horse.  I will sick to horsepower because it is a little easier to contain when you aren't using it. Lol

Looks like alot of fence on my place minus the trees but add sagebrush. I pushed it out with the loader. Salvaged t post and a handful of good post. Seemed liked it kinda rolled up. Replaced with wood driven and ts . 4 wire barbed.  Keeps the cows in now. Rough job

Day he will Never forget 0425181607.thumb.jpg.9e23e4015a44f51e12cde6cc4e294663.jpg

Kids came to work the lot was a pancake.

Daughter too.0425181308a_HDR.thumb.jpg.ba3529ad70955a4238cefb0ddd84d591.jpg

Hopefully he won't remember this0425181453a.thumb.jpg.4100421833a110e91e0d3700c164f3e4.jpg

Smashed his fingernail good old torch drill to the rescue...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 years today time flies...

Also 7 years since the scariest day of my life...wife had 6 week early enemergency c section hemmoraged during procedure...still scared it could happen again...

0501180724a.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Tell her Happy Birthday for me. Isn't the next one getting fairly close?

Next bday son is 17ish baby due June 14

Praying for a great pregnancy this time.

Hopefully she's not waddeling around too bad ;)

36 minutes ago, bitty said:

Praying for a great pregnancy this time.

Hopefully she's not waddeling around too bad ;)

She's Ben Going to therapy seems to help..

• Like 1

New record on t post after laying out 52 t posts in 23 minutes... 

Also the look on the parts guys face when you ask for a spark plug...they ask what's it in and you say t post driver....

0501181339.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mader656 said:

New record on t post after laying out 52 t posts in 23 minutes... 

Also the look on the parts guys face when you ask for a spark plug...they ask what's it in and you say t post driver....

0501181339.jpg

Guess you didn't have time to take names on that job. That was fast