Jump to content

fencing pictures


mader656
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Sledgehammer said:

I had that conversation with a buddy last Saturday.  I totally re-wired and decked my gooseneck this fall.  He was wiring on a trailer and grumbling like we all do.  I just told him "if you haven't had trailer light problems, you haven't owned a trailer for more than 5 minutes".  He agreed, we chuckled and went on.  I wanted to go LED on mine but the cost was 2X.  It was a pain but sure was nice when it was done.

And if you've never towed a trailer without light issues you are lying. Or ocd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mader656 said:

And if you've never towed a trailer without light issues you are lying. Or ocd

I will admit, after going LED on my car trailer I have had a lot fewer issues with lights.  I swapped to a large round RV plug at the same time.  I'm 98% sure that was what helped the most.  Seems as if there is always a ground problem otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sledgehammer said:

I will admit, after going LED on my car trailer I have had a lot fewer issues with lights.  I swapped to a large round RV plug at the same time.  I'm 98% sure that was what helped the most.  Seems as if there is always a ground problem otherwise.

Lots of my issues are user caused ie breaking a light when loading or unloading so that is why no leds for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mader656 said:

Lots of my issues are user caused ie breaking a light when loading or unloading so that is why no leds for me.

I understand that for sure.  Some of mine have 1/4" plate guards welded around them for that reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I understand that for sure.  Some of mine have 1/4" plate guards welded around them for that reason.

That's in the plan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I had that conversation with a buddy last Saturday.  I totally re-wired and decked my gooseneck this fall.  He was wiring on a trailer and grumbling like we all do.  I just told him "if you haven't had trailer light problems, you haven't owned a trailer for more than 5 minutes".  He agreed, we chuckled and went on.  I wanted to go LED on mine but the cost was 2X.  It was a pain but sure was nice when it was done.

Rewiring is easy! Fixing crummy wiring and chasing ground issues is the stuff I dont like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BOBSIH856 said:

Rewiring is easy! Fixing crummy wiring and chasing ground issues is the stuff I dont like.

Thus the reason I re-wired the whole trailer :)  Nobody to blame but me then....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

311,000 miles on the pickup clutch hydraulics died today, glad the slave cylinder is external....

That getting into the garage was hairy as the clutch would not disengage all the way, 

New row mirrors are nice, as is the programmer, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had 2 tag a long trailers and  5 trucks. I outfitted everything with the big semi truck  plugs.  Really cut down on issues with  lights. The small plugs are mickey mouse. Replaced some lights with LEDs. Much more reliable.  Flush mounts. Used trailers everyday  Checked lights not much problem. Now those electric brakes are a real PITA. Wished I had Air!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, mader656 said:

311,000 miles on the pickup clutch hydraulics died today, glad the slave cylinder is external....

That getting into the garage was hairy as the clutch would not disengage all the way, 

New row mirrors are nice, as is the programmer, 

Not the hydralics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mader656 said:

Not the hydralics.

oh oh, that could lead to an interesting week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AKwelder said:

oh oh, that could lead to an interesting week

Found it

1212161734_zps1xmqnyyt.jpg

Clutch disk came apart, why I don't know, really glad for a heated garage for this one. 

Going to go South bend clutch this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tractor finally started under its own battery today, I guess I bought the last 2 group 31 stud top batteries in the area napa rap said can't get any more out of billings or denver, 

New cables and relocated to the left side of can and loader bracket.  Proper mounts to come later.

Expecting 10 inches of snow, and wind got the blade and extensions on the blade. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He is good chasing sister around the house, Got 2 loaders of wood in the house and ready for cold, going to chain the tractor up in the morning to plow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1216161535a_zpsxca7pi0u.jpg

Normally takes 45 minutes to plow snow with my wings on the blade,  proceded to fold both of them back 90 degrees, went from 12 feet to 8 feet 15 plus inches of snow,  I plow About 1 mile  for me and the nieghbor. Took 6 hours year around cab has no heat but sure nice not to be in the wind

-25 tonight -50 wind chill

45 mph gusts this weekend should be fun.

1216161535b_zpsmpsr1jaa.jpg

Toyota looks cold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mader656 said:

1216161535a_zpsxca7pi0u.jpg

Normally takes 45 minutes to plow snow with my wings on the blade,  proceded to fold both of them back 90 degrees, went from 12 feet to 8 feet 15 plus inches of snow,  I plow About 1 mile  for me and the nieghbor. Took 6 hours year around cab has no heat but sure nice not to be in the wind

-25 tonight -50 wind chill

45 mph gusts this weekend should be fun.

1216161535b_zpsmpsr1jaa.jpg

Toyota looks cold.

Ufft-da.  Be safe, stay warm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup troy but the holes in the floor and front don't hold lots of heat, hoping to fill holes this winter and add a heater have from a Toyota mine truck man box.

Not bad weather if you stay inside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mader656 said:

-35 straight temp in town at dawn, no desire to get out of the house today.

Yap, it will wait. All you end up doing is tearing things up

 

grab some toys and spend the morning on the floor with the kids,  better way to spend time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...