IH 2806 "Unicorn" Tractor"

Super A_sepa

I saw this on Agtalk, thought I'd share it over here for those that may not see it or go there. http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=603070&mid=5013677#M5013677

Is it really worth what they are asking? (tough question)

Also just a question out of curiosity, would it say industrial, or at least diesel under the 2806 on the badges?

Are these exactly the same as an 806 except for the yellow paint?

I think it looks really sharp with all those rear wheel weights! It is a nice looking tractor for sure & if it does sell, I doubt they will put it to work. Also, there is that word again FACTORY, is there an easy way to tell if this did in fact roll off the line with that FWA?

I think it looks really sharp with all those rear wheel weights! It is a nice looking tractor for sure & if it does sell, I doubt they will put it to work. Also, there is that word again FACTORY, is there an easy way to tell if this did in fact roll off the line with that FWA?

Not only is it impossible to tell if it is factory mfd, it is impossible to tell if it is a true 2806. They share serial numbers with the wheatland models, and about the only difference is the grill and emblems which are of course replaceable.

Not only is it impossible to tell if it is factory mfd, it is impossible to tell if it is a true 2806. They share serial numbers with the wheatland models, and about the only difference is the grill and emblems which are of course replaceable.

<_<

This is a before pic he posted

00K0K_aKFtCKfwZdz_600x450.jpg

looks pretty red to me! is the yellow a primer or was this tractor yellow & then someone sprayed it red?

For the record I am not saying this one is fake at all. It is quite common for them to have been repainted and missing the grill and emblems

I didn't take it that way & thanks for educating me about no actual way to tell if any tractor is an industrial or not & also the front axle that is under it.

If the right person see's it , and indeed it is the real deal, It might bring that price.

Either way it sure is an extremely nice machine.

Bravo to who ever restored it.

doesn't the serial tag say I-2806 or atleast has 2806 on it i thought thats how you could tell ifs an industrial

I....on the tag means International. Where a F is for Farmall. Right?

Very neat unit. I dare bet it's legit. Been around enough for people who know to see it. I just dont get why you go to CL to sell something like that. I mean just call Tony! He needs some more.

The tag would say I-806, the same as a red wheatland style. The 56 series were tagged as 2856, etc. and are not easily faked. Dad has a 2806 that came yellow. Has turf tires and drawbar ONLY- no 3pt pto hydraulics or ta. It didn't have the grill or emblems so we really couldn't prove it was a 2806, but that's how it was restored.

would a 2806 have had a fast hitch and dual pto?

Probably were options. Stock would have been bareback, no PTO and large horseshoe shaped rigid drawbar.

The option list was almost as big as the list for the 806 international and was literally printed on yellow paper instead of white paper as the ag was . I still have one of the dealer price manuals we used to order equipment back from 65 I think yellow in the front for the industrial line white next for the ag line do not have one for the truck or construction line. in industrial the biggest crawler was the td9 i believe

An awesome sight for sure and would love to put it in the field! I know where theres a 5x16 semi mount with auto resets with its name all over it! Im a believer in using things as they were intended with taking good care of them in mind.

Archived