Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vonleyser

1967 Loadstar 1600 Fuel pump

Finally got a chance to start looking at the 67' Loadstar 1600, motor is the 345, 2 barrel Holley, 4 speed, single rear axle

Going to need parts, YES brake parts and others.

Anyone have links to suppliers other then NAPA?

First question I have is the fuel pump, I see it's dripping fuel somewhere from the upper area

Does anyone have a listing/part#/supplier that has a fuel pump?, going replacement part direction since it looks like the one currently on it is not correct due to the threaded portion is pushed up and a rubber hose is used to attach fuel feed line to pump. Tried to load a picture but was to big.

1) What is the length of the arm that actuates the pump itself, (inside the motor)

Here is a picture of her, only one that will upload, all other pictures are to big.

2) What ton would this beast be considered? 2 ton or bigger.

Looking on the internet I see most of these trucks have a 5 spoke hub on front, mine has 6 spokes.

What I can read off the build sheet is H??72 Front axle

3) Is this a heavier duty front end then most, more springs, bigger axle bearings?

Thanks everyone

Mark

post-119917-0-32297600-1450833376_thumb.

i always run the percisions from oreilly's. same part number for my scouts as your loadie. or you can run a nice lifetime warranty made in usa electric pump on it. we talked about it here not to long ago. many options. just preference

i always run the percisions from oreilly's. same part number for my scouts as your loadie. or you can run a nice lifetime warranty made in usa electric pump on it. we talked about it here not to long ago. many options. just preference

The pictures I see when looking at the Scout look different, the one on there has a sediment canister on it, do the Scouts have that ?

as far as the electric pump, truck already has one on it, seems to override the float and fill the void on the intake = seems like a fire hazard to me.

this ebay listing looks correct

Item # 201245937262

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IHC-INTERNATIONAL-HARVESTER-TRUCK-NOS-FUEL-PUMP-CARTER-738-1950-66-OEM-84838-R94/201245937262?_trksid=p2050601.c100085.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211132617%26meid%3D631bcd7487994a48a5cc51e55f02e942%26pid%3D100085%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D262184087292%26clkid%3D2064562237041917079&_qi=RTM2247627

1600 is a two-ton. Got a '67 with a 304 with 6 spokes on the front and 5 spokes on the rear. Needs brake work, possibly a fuel pump, ran okay but seemed like it got a vacuum leak somewhere and needed some choke all the time. Won't get it fixed until next year if it gets fixed at all.

Hi, I have a loadstar 1700 and I just tried starting it the other day and didn't seem like the fuel pump was working, so we took a grease suction gun and pulled fuel through the pump then tried to start it and the pump was working so if your pump isn't working try that!! :)

I wouldn't waste my time with an off the shelf pump anymore. The quality is abysmal. Jegs,Summit or Super Scout.

Hi, I have a loadstar 1700 and I just tried starting it the other day and didn't seem like the fuel pump was working, so we took a grease suction gun and pulled fuel through the pump then tried to start it and the pump was working so if your pump isn't working try that!! :)

As I stated in my first post, I said it's dripping. Now to clarify what I meant, Truck starts,runs while it is running fuel is dripping from somewhere, so I am

either looking for a rebuild kit or a new one to replace what I believe is not the correct one that is currently on truck.

My new fuel pump, several years ago, came from Napa and works just fine. I installed an inline filter between the pump and the carburetor.

My 71 model 1600 has the FA48 (4800 pound) front axle. My specs. are all on a sticker on the back of the driver's visor. Lot of good information there.

I still have my old fuel pump. Can't recall why I replaced it but if you needed a measurement I could check this one.

Could it be just a leaking carburetor? The fuel pump does pump fuel.

Please read my post, I am talking about a leak from the pump not the carburetor, and no the fuel is not running down from the carb.

Thanks for the thought.

My new fuel pump, several years ago, came from Napa and works just fine. I installed an inline filter between the pump and the carburetor.

My 71 model 1600 has the FA48 (4800 pound) front axle. My specs. are all on a sticker on the back of the driver's visor. Lot of good information there.

I still have my old fuel pump. Can't recall why I replaced it but if you needed a measurement I could check this one.

Loadstar, thanks for the offer, I pulled mine. Arm length is 4-1/2" long.

Does anyone have a picture of an original to this truck fuel pump.

I am not looking for replacement style, or aftermarket stuff, no electric, no Summit as (exSW) mentioned, Thanks anyways

The parts book I have for pre 72 Loadstar shows both the offset sediment bowl pump and the one with the sediment bowl directly below the pump body. The offset pump is shown as service only while the straight one is shown as the production unit. I know in recent years it's become harder to find the ones with the sediment bowl on them, but the ones without are just fine. Various companies will supply a little different combination of fittings but usually there is a way to make it work.

post-6141-0-47317200-1450884975_thumb.jp

post-6141-0-55595900-1450885107_thumb.jp

Rock auto, napa, o-reillys all have or can get the generic pump (no sediment/filter built in) and an inline suction filter

can be spliced in line between tank and pump .

Rock auto, napa, o-reillys all have or can get the generic pump (no sediment/filter built in) and an inline suction filter

can be spliced in line between tank and pump .

I worked on the neighbors IH dozer and Napa said that they can get two mechanical fuel pumps that were common in the IH . Not needing it stock we opted for the electronic pump. Was way easier . the one problem is that they wanted me to bring it in to look at to get a replacement for the mechanical one hence why we went electronic

"Does anyone have a picture of an original to this truck fuel pump." I believe the best anyone could give you a picture of the fuel pump

that came on the same year truck w/same motor , As to any guarantee that is what your truck came with ----- well that would be luck of the draw,

There was just to many variations/suppliers. Also the fuel pump is not something listed specifically on the line set ticket , I would hazard a guess

that when the stock of Carter pumps ( or whatever) ran out, they opened the box next to it which may have been supplied by a different manufacturer.