Started My 806 L.P. restoration

This T.A. was non functional

Wish I would got a picture of plywood front on diff. & hanging on buggy but we were so busy getting it ready and tied for transport, that I forgot.

Tony

post-8888-0-34756100-1462511548_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-03083700-1462511569_thumb.jp

The shop looks empty now that 806 is down to pieces and scattered about.

Amazing how a big tractor can disappear in pieces .lol.

Its time to work on little items that make the tractor.

post-8888-0-61807000-1462638257_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-33138700-1462638285_thumb.jp

This picture is for Twostepn2001 !

Its the buggy umbrella brackets that were on there.

I promised Twostepin2001 that even though I was adding clamshell fenders I am hoping to still have the buggy umbrella brackets and umbrella to maintain the CAL-TEX cotton look of the time.

Tony

post-8888-0-06582500-1462638690_thumb.jp

Tony , What kind primer are you using , (the green color) ?? and is it a bare metal primer ?

Its a Valspar industrial etch primer.

Yes, its sprayed right after blasting to protect against surface rust until we can get to it.

It buys us a few months with out surface rust,If protected.

The painter takes it from there.

5/11/16 Did not start on engine ,too many details to tend to before getting ahead of ourselves.

Productive transition day today.

Took Differential to painter.

Picked up center section prepared T.A. , gears, bearings ,etc, etc. for install.

Sorted many miscl. parts for blaster.

Sorted readied parts for painter.

Picked partial of first batch of painted parts .Mostly front axle and front end parts & engine rails.

I said transition because we are going from dirty tear down & repair to clean and painted & repaired going back together. Waiting on duckheads to arrive so we can machine new bushings on hyd. lift arms.

Did parts list for next batch of needed parts.

We still need to go through PTO but that will come after tractor is standing on its own four tires.

Few pictures.

Tony

post-8888-0-68075600-1463026241_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-93678200-1463026284_thumb.jp

Tony. Can you please share the paint and primer brands your using? Codes even? No hurry, but if you get the chance I sure would appreciate it.

Tony. Can you please share the paint and primer brands your using? Codes even? No hurry, but if you get the chance I sure would appreciate it.

AKWELDER,

I don't have a code (will ask David) Its Valspar Poly Urethane top grade Automotive use with hardener.

The reason I say I have no code is because David buys 5 gallons, mixes them together into 5 gal container then tones it himself to match the 2150 shade as close as possible.

As for primer an epoxy and a filler and a sealer. I never figure out what he is doing. Thank God he loves what he does!

Doing 5 gallons we have enough all mixed into one batch . Once we start a project we do not want to have to mix another batch plus we have enough equipment of this color that we use it all.

Painting individual parts as we do takes double the paint because we are getting all sides of each piece.

See your industrial Valspar supplier for the better quality paint. I had no confidence in Valspar for years because of the quality sold at Farm stores or tsc.

However , the body shop doing my pickup told me he has switched to Valspar & Sherwin -Williams as of late because of Cali. Air standard changes in paint has made problems with PPG & Dupont that reps can't fix yet.

P.M. if you need more info.

Tony

AKWELDER,

I don't have a code (will ask David) Its Valspar Poly Urethane top grade Automotive use with hardener.

The reason I say I have no code is because David buys 5 gallons, mixes them together into 5 gal container then tones it himself to match the 2150 shade as close as possible.

As for primer an epoxy and a filler and a sealer. I never figure out what he is doing. Thank God he loves what he does!

Doing 5 gallons we have enough all mixed into one batch . Once we start a project we do not want to have to mix another batch plus we have enough equipment of this color that we use it all.

Painting individual parts as we do takes double the paint because we are getting all sides of each piece.

See your industrial Valspar supplier for the better quality paint. I had no confidence in Valspar for years because of the quality sold at Farm stores or tsc.

However , the body shop doing my pickup told me he has switched to Valspar & Sherwin -Williams as of late because of Cali. Air standard changes in paint has made problems with PPG & Dupont that reps can't fix yet.

P.M. if you need more info.

Tony

Thanks for the info Tony. I will ask the Valspar rep over across town

5/18/16

Good shop day .

We installed the rebuilt T.A. and gears bearings, new trans brake, etc. on center section.

Its ready for painting

Thought I had all the sizes of sockets needed but my largest was 2 1/2 this T.A. nut is 2 3/4 ran to town for this Proto socket. Wish I could of borrowed one. lol. whew, they are proud of them

Few pictures

Tony

post-8888-0-11424600-1463629945_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-00950900-1463629971_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-64593900-1463630002_thumb.jp

Getting close to having everything blasted.

This go -around did nineteen lines along with other parts.

That's it for now .

We are moving on to three point arms ,pto unit, Steering tower.

Received the new lift screws with the duckheads using them to machine new bushings on the two lift arms.

post-8888-0-68116600-1463630596_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-09589100-1463630620_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-16600100-1463630644_thumb.jp

ok, I give, what are Duck Heads?

Topmost part of a duck, where duck sounds such as "quack quack" or occasional "Aflac!" comes from.

OK....I'm being a smart(_I_) but I don't know what it is either but I didn't want to be the first to ask..... :wacko:

Topmost part of a duck, where duck sounds such as "quack quack" or occasional "Aflac!" comes from.

OK....I'm being a smart(_I_) but I don't know what it is either but I didn't want to be the first to ask..... :wacko:

That's funny right there.

(I was wondering also???)

That's funny right there.

(I was wondering also???)

" DUCKHEADS" I have had more then one parts counter man call them duckhead but the parts book does not.

Its the pin that goes through the lift arms with the cradle for the screw handle and if you look at their shape it resembles a ducks head. :)

How's that for imagination? :lol: The middle picture kinda resembles a Duck , NO? Or am I inhaling too many paint fumes when picking up painted parts from David the Painter? :unsure:

Tony

post-8888-0-68612600-1463803776_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-81693200-1463803798_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-65609400-1463803821_thumb.jp

Just wait till Tony gets the "bill" for those duckhead bushings. He may have to "float" a loan......if he don't "quack up " first.......

You got that right!,twostepn2001.

Found some NOS but could not afford them ,these are aftermarket and look pretty original.

Twostepen2001, now I need a AUTHENTIC TEXAS BUGGIE UMBRELLA.

Tony