656 repower plan

Yep, Sometimes hope is all you have to keep going! But, you may be talking about a four canyon gun here!!!!!........ Make the shot!!!!

Yep, Sometimes hope is all you have to keep going! But, you may be talking about a four canyon gun here!!!!!........ Make the shot!!!!

Well has anyone put a chevy in a 656?

Talked to ed leahman about a plate getting that worked out,

In other new its 110 hp not 85 like i originally thought, ill have to look for bigger snow blowers, and keep it light on the rear end.

Mader, 110/82 at 2xxx? It looks like 24xx, but my eyes play tricks on me. I cannot remember what the 282 runs at....2000, 2200? Like you said keep the rear end a little light!

Mader, 110/82 at 2xxx? It looks like 24xx, but my eyes play tricks on me. I cannot remember what the 282 runs at....2000, 2200? Like you said keep the rear end a little light!

110 hp at 2400

282 revs out at 2000 ish

Id does not do do much for pulling tillage if any so it should last.

Couple questions

1. Weight of front half for splitting stand wheels will 2 1000 lb be enough?

Will be my first split, thinking two square side wind trailer jacks on a 4 foot bottom cross tube for the bottom, one side fixed one side adjustable with u bolts.

2. Can a inter cooler be put between the radiator and engine so i dont have to move radiator and modify hood?

Id biuld a shroud to ensure air is correctly routed.

Here is what my brother built. I've had it barrowed for 2 1/2 years, so know that it will hold up well!!!!

post-33018-0-34378600-1454943700_thumb.j

just used floor jack for back. (BE CARFULL)

Here is what my brother built. I've had it barrowed for 2 1/2 years, so know that it will hold up well!!!!

418 (800x600).jpg

just used floor jack for back. (BE CARFULL)

Reading up it seems like the motor stays attached supported to the trans, and the frame rails and bolster is removed then engine is finish unbolted so it seems the front split is light on the 656.

Am i crazy or is that right.

Like i say first ever tractor split so ill take all the advice i can get.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up a drawer tube and that air filter cover panel everyone loses today, progress is being made,

Plus my wife found looking around in tractor salvage yards interesting.

Picked up a drawer tube and that air filter cover panel everyone loses today, progress is being made,

This is a rare option, she must be a pretty good model to have :)

My thoughts too.

My thoughts too.

Time to brag on her more not only does she cook better than her mother she cook better than my mother.

My thoughts too.

Time to brag on her more not only does she cook better than her mother she cook better than my mother.

Impressive. Maybe if she is that good at putting things together you should have her do your engine swap and you won't have the first problem with the whole project. The exhaust might even smell like cookies when she gets done.

My thoughts too.

Does She teach a small class chef course? I have student...