656 repower plan

What? Your pulling the engine from a AU diesel unit and swapping it into a ol 656? Cool!

The d282 needs a major overhaul, the little cummins has more hp, and rpms handy because that tractor sees a lot of road time,

I cant plug the tractor in at home without a generator and the qsb starts much better in the cold,

Plus a common rail deisel in a 60s tractor will be quiet cool imo.

Finnally found the wire issue, after what felt like 12 hours found the cursed broken wire, fired right up, 2700 hrs on motor. Time to get ready to pull it.

Miller technology, underground 1979 toyota land cruiser pickup, repowered with a 2010 cummins qsb, 3.3 liter common rail, rechecked hour meter 2100 hrs.

Started in seconds once power was in all the right places. Bought at auction for 300 bucks. Actually have 2 the other is my fencing rig,

They arent street legal and only go 24 mph.

Thanks, Just curious, some of that specialty equipment would have the transfer case locked in low from the factory like the CJ 10 airplane tugs. Didn't mean to change the subject.

Thanks, Just curious, some of that specialty equipment would have the transfer case locked in low from the factory like the CJ 10 airplane tugs. Didn't mean to change the subject.[/quote

]

This is red power thread subject changes are interesting some times

• 3 weeks later...

Hay! Headway! Always feels good! What are you going to use the room from the new engine to the radiator for? You could move the fan forward with a shaft like the old johny popers, and use everything below the shaft as storage I guess.

Longer shroud on fan was my plan, and put the intercooler in that spot i think, or a electric fan is possible too if i need that spot for the particulate filter if i cant remove it. :ph34r:.

Really hoping i can keep stock intake and exhaust location, if not I plan on running the exhaust up at the corner of the cab to improve the view.

Also curious what will happen to the hydralic pump as the qsb has 1000 more rpm to use on the road.

Longer shroud on fan was my plan, and put the intercooler in that spot i think, or a electric fan is possible too if i need that spot for the particulate filter if i cant remove it. :ph34r:.

You will want to put the Charge air cooler in front of your radiator, an electric fan would be nice plus it will give you room for your exhaust and intake plumbing. Check with your local FSA or extension agent you might be able to get a tax break for repowering your old tractor with a new clean diesel.

You will want to put the Charge air cooler in front of your radiator, an electric fan would be nice plus it will give you room for your exhaust and intake plumbing. Check with your local FSA or extension agent you might be able to get a tax break for repowering your old tractor with a new clean diesel.

Hmm on the tax break, though i wonder im not farmer or rancher i just build fence,

It would be really handy if the toyota radiator would fit in the 656 hood.

• 1 month later...

Hair brain, the back of the qsb is currently adapted to fit a th350 that would not bolt up would it really loooooooonnnnnnggggggggg shot. But a guy can hope right.