peanut harvest

gafarm49

Make a nice poster for the wall. She has talent.

You are definitely not in SC, NC, or Va picking peanuts now. We've got a lot in the ground and a lot on top. It's gonna be a mess here in eastern NC. Is that a Amadas or a KMC picker? Eason

Interested to learn about farming the best nut ever!!!! does anyone know how many peanuts are in a jar of peanut butter? :blink:

Interested to learn about farming the best nut ever!!!! does anyone know how many peanuts are in a jar of peanut butter? :blink:

No. But I know that the two nuts in this house can get it everywhere

here are some peanut digging and picking pictures from NC. This is called a point. It slides into the ground and cuts the peanuts tap root and lifts it up onto the conveyer of the digger.

007_zpslvigvmsc.jpg

This is my friend Perry Davis digging peanuts. He's having to dig in heavy (wet) soil. Usually most people don't like to dig in this wet of soil but due to our recent weather he had no choice.

002_zpspccc3xdr.jpg

004_zps7qs0ucs0.jpg

There are wheels that invert the vines as they come off the conveyer. This turns the vines up and allows the peanuts to "air dry" and not have to burn as much LP gas to dry in the trailers.

005_zpssk36gpjx.jpg

Here is a nicely inverted field. This is my back yard.

001_zpsjyanuokk.jpg

This was taken on our farm. Steven Lilley (my second cousin) is picking for Joe Harrison. As this picture is taken Joe is in the hospital being operated on for pancreatic cancer. Steven farms with all CaseIH equipment.

002_zpstvl06dhh.jpg

003_zpsmm2a87i2.jpg

004_zpsbpfwzzpd.jpg

008_zpsyutlbafk.jpg

Eason, Thanks for the great pictures !

Quite interesting equipment to an Ohio boy.

Prayers on way for Joe Harrison. Hope surgery went well.

Bill

Archived