bought my 2015 winter project today

billonthefarm

image.jpg9_zpsnso0j98d.jpg

ser # 47140 Bought new here at Farmington. Belonged to Midland Coal company farm department untill they closed up in about 1994. After that when I was on our township board, the township purchased it to pull the road drag and box scraper. Around 2004 we took sealed bids and sold it to a local farmer. He used to to mow bale hay and pull a grain drill. He had a public auction today for health reasons and sold most of his equipment. Its never had a set of duals on it. Not a dent anywhere. Run awesome. Hs a new t/a clutch. Needs tires and lots of little things. I think it will be a nice addition.

bill

Don't forget to give it that traditional "preservative dip"! Great tractors, those 1066's.

One of the things I really like about this tractor is that it has never had a cab on. It was born open station and still has all the correct pto linkage. All the original tin work around the engine is there. The complete original platform is in place. The fenders have all the correct mounting hardware. Its just unusual to find one here that hasnt had a cab part of its life.

bill

One of the things I really like about this tractor is that it has never had a cab on. It was born open station and still has all the correct pto linkage. All the original tin work around the engine is there. The complete original platform is in place. The fenders have all the correct mounting hardware. Its just unusual to find one here that hasnt had a cab part of its life.

bill

That is a good find ! It will make a great worker with lot of life left in it or its a great platform for a nice show tractor!

Keep us posted on its future and good luck & fun with it as this winter's project.

Tony

that will be a beautiful tractor. the only thing I see wrong is the green thing in the shed :( :( :)

Everyone should have access to a John Deere ...... it will make you appreciate your Farmall that much more

bill

Nice 1066 Bill.

I need to find a U bolt and the metal Support Plate under the fender mounting bracket for my 1466. I have one Original. Any sources for these parts?

bill

Nice 1066 Bill.

I need to find a U bolt and the metal Support Plate under the fender mounting bracket for my 1466. I have one Original. Any sources for these parts?

Spring shop have it made

Very nice!!! Bet you are going to have fun working on that one this winter, will help those cold, crappy days pass by quicker. Think it will get along with its brothers?

Looks good. How many hours it have? What is different about the cab/non cab pto linkage?

Looks good. How many hours it have? What is different about the cab/non cab pto linkage?

Open station pto has a long L-shaped lever that you operate with your right hand. More convenient, in my opinion, since you're usually turned to the right anyway.

BTred: Are you talking about the "half hex shaped" U bolts and formed top plate that went around the axle? IIRC my dad took a pair of those off when he installed the cab on his 1066 and they are *probably* still hanging in the shed. The 1066 is now gone to a new owner. I can check if they are still there.

Curious--I'd like to see pictures of the OEM PTO linkage. My memory says you had to reach BEHIND THE SEAT...which was a total pain. Or am I getting mixed up with the 806, before I made a linkage and lever to move the control up to the left side of the seat?

BTred: Are you talking about the "half hex shaped" U bolts and formed top plate that went around the axle? IIRC my dad took a pair of those off when he installed the cab on his 1066 and they are *probably* still hanging in the shed. The 1066 is now gone to a new owner. I can check if they are still there.

Curious--I'd like to see pictures of the OEM PTO linkage. My memory says you had to reach BEHIND THE SEAT...which was a total pain. Or am I getting mixed up with the 806, before I made a linkage and lever to move the control up to the left side of the seat?

Yes

image.jpg9_zpsnso0j98d.jpg

ser # 47140 Bought new here at Farmington. Belonged to Midland Coal company farm department untill they closed up in about 1994. After that when I was on our township board, the township purchased it to pull the road drag and box scraper. Around 2004 we took sealed bids and sold it to a local farmer. He used to to mow bale hay and pull a grain drill. He had a public auction today for health reasons and sold most of his equipment. Its never had a set of duals on it. Not a dent anywhere. Run awesome. Hs a new t/a clutch. Needs tires and lots of little things. I think it will be a nice addition.

bill

This is what a 1066 should look like! VERY nice!

Al

Each to there own ,but a tractor that has kept that well should never be repainted.

I give the panels a good cut back then polish ,wipe over the rest with some ATF .

In another 20 years there will not be many left like that.

I like to see tidy unrestored tractor , even an old 10-20 or something with almost no paint left .

Alex.

Archived