Any one use tannerite ?

dannyredfan

We tried it. Was fun. Wife didn't like it much. According to her we almost destroyed the farm when in fact there was no physical damage.

Rick

Just what is this Tan Her Rite ,?? I'm game ,I don't know how the wife will be though

I was wandering how much damage it might do. Was told it was a fairly strong blast.

As far as tan her rite well there's nothing wrong with that ;)

I'm afraid to ask.

I have used it for sure. Most of it requires >2000fps to detonate. I like using a .22 mag to set it off but you have to use the 30 grain bullets as the 40 grainers aren't fast enough. It is powerful and nothing to be taken lightly. It is actually fun to break it down into small amounts and fasten to the bullseye of a rifle target. You will get a small boom and not a crushing/destructive explosion.

I was wandering how much damage it might do. Was told it was a fairly strong blast.

As far as tan her rite well there's nothing wrong with that ;)

Danny: In the measured amounts it's sold in for individual targets it would be dangerous if you were too close. We drove a couple of 2X4's into the ground to set them on. It shattered the end of a 2X4. Now as far as taking the roof of a car off. That's because of the nature of explosives and physics. Just like burying it. An explosion, like water and electricity follows the path of least resistance. A target jar of tannerite in an enclosed car is fairly powerful and in the space of a couple of 1/100ths of a second has to vent. Not enough area to vent to and it will damage something.

There was and maybe still is a youtube video of someone blowing up a beaver dam with a 5 gallon pail of tannerite. I would check state and federal laws before I even thought about it.

Rick

Fun stuff for sure, but also dangerous of course. I like to use my AR chambered in .300 Whisper, works great. Recently celebrated a friends birthday with 5 lbs of Tannerite, two gallons of waste oil and a gallon of diesel fuel. Sure makes a nice mushroom cloud!!

tannerite. ANFO. fun stuff. a video of dr matt doing his pipeline bomb was posted. hes had some failures as well. we detonated a 55 gallon drum. stay back folks. the bomb isnt dangerous. the shrapnel is

What do you have to do to buy this stuff. Looks like it would fall under some kind of restrictions.

What do you have to do to buy this stuff. Looks like it would fall under some kind of restrictions.

Have money, and 18 I think.

3 of them will split a lawmower axle in half and send a half blade into the metal barn roof. (i stood behind the 4yd excavator bucket.)

Drive to the local hardware/gun store, pays your money, go home and shoot!

I haven't used it but a buddy likes to put the small cans of tannerite in pumpkins and get back 100yrds and blow them up! I've seen a video of it but haven't been there when he's done it but it looks like lots of fun!

3 of them will split a lawmower axle in half and send a half blade into the metal barn roof. (i stood behind the 4yd excavator bucket.)

4 yard excavator bucket?!?!

On what excavator?

992 came out of dump it was a light material bucket

The neighbor loves this stuff. First time I was there when he shot some they were working at the gas pad 150 yards from where he did the tannerite and I am sure that the line to the porta pots was long at the gas pad afterwards

There is a youtube video where someone traps some wild hogs in a pen and has tannerite in the pen, they shoot the tannerite and blow up the hogs, I loved that one!

Archived