1466 3 Point Arms Won't drop

66 Series Farmer

I can't get the 3 point arms on my 1466 to drop all the way down. Just used it last night and this morning and its acting up. They will raise all the way but will only drop about half the way down. After the tractor is shut off they will settle all the way down. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

I can't get the 3 point arms on my 1466 to drop all the way down. Just used it last night and this morning and its acting up. They will raise all the way but will only drop about half the way down. After the tractor is shut off they will settle all the way down. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

The draft control arm is not in place anymore. Take the top link cover off and you'll see the draft control linkage chich is coming from the bottom will be at the backside( back of tractor) from the lever coming from above.

Just pushthe lever which is coming from the bottom on the frontside of the one which is coming from the top and problem will be solved. There is a little to much play on that linkage which cause this problem

I'm not so sure. He said it would come down half way. When my draft control arm came loose it would stay all the way up. I am thinking it may have backed off on the adjustment but am unsure. Thx-Ace

• 1 month later...

I had this happen a long time ago I was side dressing corn with 9 knife bar went through a water way with it down, When I got

to the end I raised it and it wouldn't go down, Had to set the bar on blocks, take off the 3rd link cover and set the control arm back

on the bottom sensing shaft. That so far is the only time it happened.

• 10 months later...

That is exactly what was wrong. I have now since taken that darn cover off 3 times to flip the levers. Always in a hurry so haven't taken the time to disconnect the one lever to have a small piece welded to it so it can't slip by like some have suggested. Really a pain to have to wait for it to settle, unhook 3pt implement, pull away with out having the arms go back up. Then to top it off I have a quick attach which is really in the way. 

On September 27, 2015 at 6:22 PM, dw330 said:

I had this happen a long time ago I was side dressing corn with 9 knife bar went through a water way with it down, When I got

to the end I raised it and it wouldn't go down, Had to set the bar on blocks, take off the 3rd link cover and set the control arm back

on the bottom sensing shaft. That so far is the only time it happened.

I use mine on a blade a lot and so when back blading it can get to jumping and that is usually when it does it for me. 

7 hours ago, 66 Series Farmer said:

I use mine on a blade a lot and so when back blading it can get to jumping and that is usually when it does it for me. 

Back those limiting bolts, (adjusters) out so they contact the stop point and that will keep the torsion bar from turning (twisting) and that will keep the draft control  vertical lever inside from moving. That might  solve your problem when backing up with blade or lifting heavy load with hitch. I doubt that you ever use the draft control feature anyway like on a moldboard plow. Easier to try than taking the part out from inside and welding on something.

I took that leaver and braised a lock washer on it. Solved my problem it's a lot faster then doing it a second time?  seems like all I had to take out was the top six inches seems like it had a bolt and a pin holding it on. Really easy

7 hours ago, 66 Series Farmer said:

Pete, thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try. Dumb question though, the adjustments you are talking about. Are they internal or external? 

They are outside.  Down on bottom and they  just limit the  torsion bar movements. Hex  head bolts, 15/16 heads.

Archived