H wide front

turbo10

will a wide front off a 460 work on a H also is all factory wide front for a H have the steering arms out front or just early onesTIA

I don't think the later "tie rods in the back ones" came out until the Super H and maybe the later stage 2 ones. Not sure on whether a 460 WFE would fit since while it has a few different parts it is the same as a 560 WFE. They have wider frame rails, possibly you could make it fit by fabricating parts from a SH,300/350 WFE to it for mounting. Thinking the tie rods are different too.

The early style wide front had tie rods in front, and starting at the Super H in '53 the tie rods were moved behind.

I'm pretty sure a 460 wide front would fit the 400's on down to a M, but not a H. It can be done however but would require a mounting plate and some fabrication.

Also the 300 series wide front should fit a H.

It can be done, but it must be modified. My grandfathers H has a widefront on it off of a 560. I can get some pics of it and post them later. The plate between the bolster and the steering arms had to be changed and the rear frame mount had to narrowed to fit the H frame.

Under edit:

I went to my grand fathers and got some pics of his wide front setup. The tractor hasn't really been used in 15 years but it got used as his planting, spraying, cultivating, and mowing tractor before that. That front end has been on there for nearly 30 years.

SHOOT!!! The photos are to big!

Archived