Which "10" do you prefer?

billonthefarm

image.jpg6_zpstmcokkhj.jpg

So which of these do YOU prefer? Do you like the open station breeze in your face enjoy the day open station one or do you want heat, air, radio? Maybe it's more of a white panel, black stripe decision for some of you. If it was your main tractor from spring planting to fall plowing what's your pick?

We will leave out doing livestock chores because that really makes a cab valuable.

bill

Hey I just thought of something kinda funny while this White Panel vs. Black Stripe subject is up- Back in the day, in 1976 when the Black Stripes first came out- my reaction at that time was Yuck, I don't like them. Now, present day, I own one of them and think they're really cool. :P

Anyone else not like the look of the Black Stripes when they first came out? :D

Depends on what the outside temperature is. If it is 80 F or higher, I will take the open station setup. If it is 50 F or lower I will definitely take the cab equipped model.

Cab depends on the day for me. Plowing stalks on a sunny day in the fall, just cool enough for a light jacket and unlined gloves, give me the open station. 40 degrees with wind blowing drizzle and I'll take the cab and be glad to have it.

I think the black stripes look good, but I still prefer the looks of the white stripes a little better.

Guys, Even tough I am in Texas and Hot heat is our Norm! I will still take the Open Station White Stripe anyday, to me it is More Classic than the Black stripe....... I'm Sure I just Peeved a bunch of You guys!!!!!!!!

Later,

John A.

If the AC works give me the black stripe. I liked the black stripe cab on my 1566 but all I had ever ran before that was add on cabs and open station outfits so it seemed pretty nice to me at the time and I would gladly run a nice, well maintained black stripe today.

I have both. Both are Black Stripes. The cab tractor is a later model Black Stripe than the open station with the 86 style axles, etc. Both have the serial tag near the hyd. filters. I hardly use the open station since I like the cab so much better.

Cab, no cab...I'd say that also depends on age. I used to love my open station 806. Planted, sprayed, cultivated, cut hay, you name it. Then a funny thing happened. I got into my mid 30s and noticed that I just didn't feel well for about a week after planting and spraying. By the time I hit 40 I'd get downright sick. Took me that long to realize I was getting sick from breathing all the dust with all the chemicals in it on the open tractor. I traded my 806 off for a newer tractor with a sealed cab and a/c, and haven't gotten sick that way once since. If you can ride open cab and not get sick...count your blessings (or wait till you get older)! We get a little smarter as we age...hopefully.

Sure do miss it making hay, though.

I'll take the open station, never had a cab myself. Once I was using a loader tractor to remove old bin flooring, it was cold and windy and I was in a nice warm cab, had to take my coat off! The guys outside didn't think I was funny. :rolleyes: So I would like a cab when working in the cold. Those are 2 very nice 10"s Bill.

Can I have the shed if no one wants it lol :D

Take tractor with cab and aircon if no aircon I'd have the open station.

can I have the 2 tractors and the shed :D

or is that just greedy :D

Archived