Ihred62

How many Hydro 186s still being used

I no there were about 4000 Hydro 186s made. Me and my friend were discussing how many were still around and running. Anybody have any guesstimations ?

I have one s/n 8930 it has a 2350 loader on it to load big sq. bales of hay plus it rakes and does whatever when needed. One of my preferred tractors!post-113849-0-87409700-1434218357_thumb.post-113849-0-30922500-1434218377_thumb.

MACHINERY PETE just had a feature segment on Hydro 186's on this weeks show. Good looking relatively low hour tractors are selling at auction for $18,000-$20,000 if I remember right. Seems like the tractors he showed had 2800 to 4000 hours.

We had two , uncle has one. We parted one out , sold the other. Still running the 1066 hydro and brother in law has another ten hydro

Mines getting tired but still gets used to move hay.

Saw one sell on an auction last fall. 2700hrs, one owner. The thing looked like the day it was brought to the farm! Went for $22K.

Local dairy guy still runs one on a manure spreader.

There is one in Carlyle. Il .Had a new paint job for Du Quoin RPRU. Pulled a round baler for many years and has a loader on it.Was going to be in Sedalia this past week but the owner is having some health issues

I know of 5 being used regularly within 50 miles of me. Eason

Older gentleman five miles from me has one. Been sitting in his shed around six years now with the rest of his equipment as he doesn't farm anymore.

two of them right down the road from me along with a 544 hydro 1066 hydro and we have a 656 hydro

saw one feeding cattle yesterday. Was is pretty nice shape!

I know of 0 hydro 186's in my area. I don't recall a single one owned by a farmer in the area. There were at least 2 owned by a local park district. One was a tri strip, both had 2350 loaders.

Bill

Would love to have a hydro 186 or a 3488. I know of 0 hydros near me.

Have one on the farm 16,000 hours. Grandpa, Dad, and uncle bought it burnt back in the 80's with ballpark 2000 hrs on it. Never got it painted, they got it fixed and running it went right to work with the loader. Also stacked with it for years. Engine needed overhauled a couple years ago, so dropped in a running 466. I will never part with the tractor way to handy. There is not a better loader tractor made even today.

This is my Grandpa Kline's 1979 Hydro 186. It had an IH 2350 loader on it when new, but Grandpa hit a bridge with the loader and ruined it. The only loader the dealer had in stock was this 2455. Grandpa used it on the family Beef cattle lot to pack the bunker silo. The cattle have been gone for 10 or 15 years now so the tractor is mostly retired now. I think its got 5600 or 5700 hours on it. The cab needs some sheet metal work, and a new air box, and then repaint the tractor. (I"m trying to figure out how to pay for that) The engine got replaced in the spring of 2014 with a CNH remain D436. This tractor is what made me fall in love with Hydros at the ripe old age of 5. :D

DSCF889657_zps547a164d.jpg

We have two one is semi retired and has had a WL42 loader since new and just does odd jobs around the yard the other is hooked to the round baler all summer and put in the shed all winter

We have one, mows hay and hauls forage boxes. Tri stripe with western interior.

I still run my H186 often. I don't use it for primary tillage though. Thx-Ace

I saw One on our local Craigslist last year or the year before. Looked restored. Was a mfwa.

I love our Hydros for yard stuff, solids spreading and used to enjoy tedding with it. Neighbor had a loader one my brother loaded with for a bit. Slowest loader in the universe. Slow hydros and always reaching for a lever or remote. He still got it and it runs a little Jay-Lor mixer. It had a known 20k hours on it when he worked there 15 years ago. Just beat down and they are not equip guys.

Uncle feeds with a Kirby with the most hammered looking 186 you've ever seen.

I have a 3 owner 77 we got with 4000 and now has 16000, 1 trans at 8k. Also have a 2 owner (Orig and me) 3800 hr 81 Tri-stripe. The 'old' one fed on the 687 Loewan mixer for 10 years or so. Then, and now, she runs the Knight slinger doing bedding, The new 1 was supposed to, bad pto, so she is used to pull out the reel and etc till we get to her. The 77 needs to have Links send some sheet metal. Grain dust took it's toll on the roof. The engine has not even had the valve covers loosened. 1 water pump. 15/40 oil since 97.

The 81 was the old farmers baby. Had sat for near 10 years is the story. He passed and they sold her last year. Sad deal since it never sat inside a day. Paint is clean but real sunburned from the E WA blazing sun. Interior is gone from the sun too. Just to low HP for much work anymore around here. No cab rust! Good candidate for a restore. Hydro is TIGHT but had some water in oil last month. I assume the sitting for 10 years had something to do with it. The Rad was filled with mud. I think it may have been Bars leak. I flushed the rad and added the IronTIte product. IT WORKED! Been fine for 3 weeks pulling reels out. Odd thing it it runs the temp up when running full throttle down the road. Brand new rad and 'stats in it.

Guy across the river feeds with 1 also. Now that I think about it it is the worse looking one! His 2nd one is on a agitator. Trans been out for years. It has a draw bar thing on it to push it in the lagoon and pull it out!

Wow that's 6 right there!! Friend is trying to sell the 7th 1 I know locally. Truck co. up the road sent theirs to scrap last year. Day before I thought about asking about it....

I still run a tri-stripe with a Westendorf WL42 loader.

It's amazing the response to the OP. Seems to be a lot of 186s still going out there.

I'd forgot, until Troy mentioned it, local Co-op has one too that they have a mounted conveyor on to pick up the grain piles.

Random......my 77 has 6 hole wheels.  Guy with the drawbar towed one want to sell it.  Sold cows, all she is is parts.  It has 66 style wheels.  Bought new and never been more than 4 miles from farm.  My 81 has 56 style rims.  What's right?  I mean 1 owner with 66 style gots to be correct.