560 power steering

seabee

Best to support it as best as you can if your going to remove the left side frame rail. ( Technically 50% of its strength )

Your probably going to find a rusted out oil line up front where dirt collects under the radiator area. I was able to find a pair of NOS oil lines when I restored my 560 but you might have to do some searching to find those. I have a NOS one left over but it's for a 460. Slightly shorter. I always figured it could be lengthened by welding in a piece of pipe to make it the proper length. I am very good with a tubing bender and with some patience and the right fittings on each end I am confident I could just make news ones from scratch.

According to IH the engine block was the main strength of the tractor and the side frames are there mostly to support attached implements. The tractor will not fall apart if you remove a side frame rail but you may have to lift up just a bit to get the bolts back in when it comes time to reassemble.

If it is a tube leaking and you can't find one, I should be able to make it. I have replaced the tubes between the manifolds that go from the ps under the steering column, run under platform ( where dirt accumulates and rust) to rear remote. Those tubes have lots of bends so I would think a ps tube wold be a cake walk.

Archived