3688 tractor at auction

George 2

Hi QC IH Man - yup.....that's me. I'm going to do 3 new videos this summer: A re-do of the 986 as it will have it's IH quick hitch on it, the 766 BS and the W-4. I'm also going to post a video about a new toy I built for a member on this site (as well as pictures on this site) after the RPRU.

Good-day Tripp. I found your videos a couple years ago and I must say they were very good, I've watched them quite a few times the 986 of yours is one sharp looking tractor! I have a 986 that I bought in 2011 from a farmer in Huntington Qc. it's like a twin to yours, when I got it it needed a bath, a cab kit and a few little things but it's a strait tractor, it just needs a good paint job to look like yours! I'll be watching for your new videos, keep up the good work!

Mountain Heritage: To expand on what 856 Custom is saying about pricing, I will volunteer that there are no good cheap tractors hiding in the woods any more waiting to be scooped up. The reason for that is the internet. Everybody uses forums like this or other websites to find out what their equipment is worth before they sell it. I haven't seen a cheap good tractor sold at any sale in Ontario in the last 5 years that I thought was a "steal". The internet has made people a lot smarter in pricing equipment they wish to sell. Last year when I sold some items, I went to AgDealer and Tractorhouse and checked prices. Then I priced both items at a value I thought was high, but they both sold quickly for exactly what I advertised them at. Even plows are now getting back to what they are worth. So don't think you can find some gullible seller who is willing to take less than fair market value. This just doesn't happen any more. Even my local big time jockey will tell you that and he said he is having a tougher time to get reasonably priced used equipment that he can make a profit at reselling. As such, he is selling a lot more new equipment these days. So I suggest you get on with purchasing a MX Maxxum. You will be happy with it as I am with mine. Another thing is it has the most comfortable seat of any of my tractors to sit on. The seats on the 30, 50, and 7100 - 8900 Magnum series are not nearly as comfortable. I know because I have owned them in the past. and present. And that big brawny 2wd front axle on the MX Maxxum makes the round tubular axle on the 3688 look like a kids toy. Especially important if you wish to mount a loader on it. The MFD axle is also ruggedly built.

Hi QC IH Man - yup.....that's me. I'm going to do 3 new videos this summer: A re-do of the 986 as it will have it's IH quick hitch on it, the 766 BS and the W-4. I'm also going to post a video about a new toy I built for a member on this site (as well as pictures on this site) after the RPRU.

Good-day Tripp. I found your videos a couple years ago and I must say they were very good, I've watched them quite a few times the 986 of yours is one sharp looking tractor! I have a 986 that I bought in 2011 from a farmer in Huntington Qc. it's like a twin to yours, when I got it it needed a bath, a cab kit and a few little things but it's a strait tractor, it just needs a good paint job to look like yours! I'll be watching for your new videos, keep up the good work!

Thanks very much!

Archived