• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Folks, Forgot the glamour shot!:) Hope things are good in Red land! Regards,  Chris    

Folks,  Some random photos of the crew working on putting on a new roof on the soup kitchen at out local tractor show. The TD6 was pressed into action and Matt and I took turns helping with it.

Folks,  I did see the TD6 a couple days ago. It was resting comfortable at my daughters house. I have been busy and have not been able to play with any tractors since mid July. The wife has been

Posted Images

Rawleigh,

Yes they have it. Found a little cheaper on Ebay. But may just bite the bullet and order one for 7/8 buttons from NAPA, along with a good grease gun and flex hose too.

Regards,

Chris

Folks,

Is there any big advantage to storing one of these with the levers tied back, to keep the steering clutches open?

Regards,.

Chris

2 hours ago, sugarmaker said:

Folks,

Is there any big advantage to storing one of these with the levers tied back, to keep the steering clutches open?

Regards,.

Chris

I think there is an advantage Chris, especially if it sits out in the wet weather.  I only use mine about 4 hrs a year, it's inside and the levers are tied back.  Not a bad idea on a tractor with a foot clutch that sits out to block the pedal down either.  One of my Farmall C's sits out and last spring when I tried to use it the clutch was stuck. I was able to free it but now the pedal is blocked down when parked.  Just an opinion, but has been working for me.  I have done several steering clutch jobs on these old girls over the years and I'll do anything I can to keep from doing another. 

Dennis

Dennis,

Thanks! We just tarpped the TD6 today. I could not climb up there and tie the handles back. But its at least covered.

Regards,

Chris

• 1 month later...

Folks,

Just a brief update. The TD6 kicked my butt in August putting the diagonal brace back on. I strained my lower back trying to lift that heavy brace back into place. I should have known better too. Anyway after many days of sciatic leg pain, sleepless nights, doctors visits, steroid shots, nerve shock tests, pain meds, and therapy, I have a tentative appointment for back surgery the day after Thanksgiving, near Pittsburgh. Hoping to be able to get back to tractor projects in a few months. The TD6 sets tarpped for winter, which looks like we will get a taste of it this weekend. Several inches of snow possible for Sunday.

Hope things are good in RED land! Be safe out there!

Regards,

Chris

2 hours ago, sugarmaker said:

appointment for back surgery

Chris , Wish you a successful surgery and quick recovery ,  4 times on the Dr's table for me , and I am

still working on the old girls :)      Let me hazard a guess L5 area of your back ?

Will be thinking about you Chris, and my wish is for the very best possible outcome for your surgery ..

Grant 

Thanks guys I appreciate the positive comments,

Yes disc between L4 and L5 is herniated and touching nerves going down left leg.

Regards,

Chris

On 11/21/2017 at 4:18 PM, sugarmaker said:

Rawleigh,

We need a "Steiner book' called 'New parts for old farts'!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends on Red Power.

Regards,

Chris

This just made me spit my coffee out😂😂😂

I had a herniated disc there also, from fooling with my 9B. Mine became a floater, a piece of the inner material broke off after it was squished out of the disc and was floating around the spine. Every once in a while it would take me to the ground. Best thing I ever did for myself was get to a good doctor and get that thing taken care of. It's interesting to find out what all you use your back for, but it's a blessing to be pain and fear free. People didn't understand when I would tell them my back felt great, but my leg was killing me.

Good luck to you. You won't regret getting it done.

D

Dave, PA shovel, Folks

I havent felt like doing much for the past week.

Reading Dave's note was right on the mark. I could bend over and touch my toes and my back didnt hurt but boy the pain down the leg was fierce!

Well I believe the surgery was successful. Minor complications on getting out of the hospital set me back a week. I have minimal pain in my legs, and have been able to set and lay down again! We are slowly getting better each day. Yesterday I hunted deer from the back deck for a couple hours. Have lots of stuff to do but still coming off meds which really mess me up bad.

The TD6 and its heavy pieces will get a little more respect in the future too.

Hope things are good in RED land!

Regards,

Chris