TD6 Dozer/Loader

1 hour ago, sugarmaker said:

Rawleigh,

Yes, I know! Seems like I have to wear a helmet when I go out this stuff keeps falling on me too!

Regards,

Chris

IMO you might have the wrong approach

Usual image is big, strong, square shoulders like Atlas holding up the things of the world.

Alternative approach is shoulders like an arrowroot biscuit (egg shaped) so things slide off easily.  Helmet still probably advisable.

Folks,

Looking for a good used bottom cup for the air cleaner on the TD6. Also will a std mason jar fit the air cleaner cover?

Another question: My diesel throttle handle seems to be bent over top of the air cleaner cover. Anyone ever try to heat and straighten one of these?? I would hate to break it. But it is hard to get your hand on the handle?

Regards,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Still need that bottom air cleaner cup. Maybe someone has one out there they would part with from a parts machine?

On a similar note: I did find a headlight assembly for the TD6. I will try to take some pictures when it gets here. Will probably have to find bulbs and then do the wiring updates. Looking forward to that little project this spring.

I have a light problem Most of the things I work on I just have to get the lights working! Not sure what that's about!

I thinks it all started one night when I wanted to plant corn all night with one of Dad's old WD's. The lights never worked. I jerry rigged them to keep planting for a couple hours that night. Have never been right since!:)

Regards,

Chris

Folks,

I did received the new to me headlight for the TD6 today. I purchased this from eBay and was happy to find that it looks pretty good. (Although I have not opened it up yet!) Several others have surfaced recently too. So I guess they are out there. It has a few dents in the back and a couple screws in the bezel missing. Soaked the fasteners with PB Blaster today. This one and the one on the tractor are on the list of things to do this spring. Disassemble, clean, and paint, get new bulbs and rewire into the circuit.

DSC06898.jpg

I think I can work on the dents when I get the lens out. I don't know what the chain was for ? Looks to be part of the mounting system??

DSC06895.jpg

The mesh and lens and bezel look pretty good at this point.

DSC06897.jpg

I will be using the base and swivel from my old smashed light. Note that this one is red not black and gray, so it probably was repainted at least once in its life.

DSC06896.jpg

Regards,

Chris

Rawleigh,

The jar may work fine on the upper portion. I need the oil bath portion, metal cup, at the bottom. I have no clue where it went in the 60 years this was used? May have been stolen?

Regards,

Chris

Tanker916,

Thanks! I will have to check with them on the TD6 oil bath cup.

Just checked with them, they do not have or stock these.:(

So I may shop for good used one. Like a lot of other things, just add it to the list.

Regards,

Chris

sugarmaker if there are any good sheet metal shops in your area "not real familiar with PA" they should be able to repair or make a new one of those oil bath cups I have done it myself but it is easier with the right tools russ

I will look around the left over parts in the next couple of days, I think I have the oil bath bit your looking for. Will post a couple of photo's and measurements when I find it. Would of thought they would be easy to find over there, will cost a bit to post it but if you can't find one it can be done.  

Russ, Stageone,

Thanks guys! That cup is not something I would try to make. My sheet metal skills are not at that level.

I will look around in the states some more. I had a guy that did have one. For some reason we stopped communicating.

For some reason I think the oil bath cup is around 7 inches in dia.

Regards,

Chris

Red-to-go,

Thanks, the pictures are always helpful to me! I think that might be a good option to get additional adjustment on these type of worn track adjuster systems.

Regards,

Chris

Chris,  Not sure if you had the part number for the air cleaner cup or not.  My parts book for s/n 501-38950 says p/n 54265D.  TD6 and T6 are the same.  Thought the same one may be used on Ag tractors like a Farmall M.  Tried to get on caseih.com parts tonight but must be down.  Anyway maybe this will help.

I think wide mouth mason jar fits the precleaner.  

Dennis  

Check with Hector Gemme who is sometimes on this site.  He is a French Canadian whose English is not great, but is an honest seller.  He parts out dozers.  I and others on this site have bought parts from him before with good success.  I bought the metal bottom cup for the air breather om my D2 from him.  Shipping can take a while cross border.

• 3 weeks later...

Folks,

For some reason the 130 gallons of maple syrup we have made so far this spring has really cut into my play time.

The new TD6 headlight still waits on the cluttered workbench. Have not had a chance to search for the air cleaner cup either.

We are also considering a remodel of the kitchen this year so it may put a bunch of my toy projects on hold too!:)

Hope things are good pushing and moving dirt with red machines!

Thanks to all who check in to view this thread on a old man and a old red loader! Cant wait till the weather breaks and I can get the TD6 fired up and move it around a little!

Regards,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

More maple talk! We are getting ready for our Maple open house next weekend March 18 and 19 from 10 to 4:00, in North Western Pennsylvania. The Taste and Tour has more than a dozen sugarhouses, who will open their doors and invite in the public to see how real maple syrup is made. Maple products will be available such as syrup, candy, sugar, maple mustard, maple BBQ sauce. maple peanut butter, maple cotton candy and more.

Check us out at www.mapleandhoney.com

or www.pamaple.org

Oh yea you can see a IH TD6 covered in a tarp too!:)

Regards,

Chris

Yes this is similar to a wine tour. We have been doing this for a dozen years in the area and has been very successful.

I was thinking of parking some of the tractors including the TD6 out front for folks to look at as they approach or leave the sugarhouse. We are going to get some of this winter storm and snow over the next few days. Maybe 12 inches of snow? I may need to get the TD6 fired up to dig out!:)

Regards,

Chris