TD6 Dozer/Loader

If you are looking for a way to get parts the parts section of the forum has several very good vendors.  I was able to get new idler, idler shaft, and roller shafts.  Some still in their boxes original boxes, only down side was I wasn't able to hide the parts from the wife and so I got a  very interesting skype call......

2 hours ago, Tanker916 said:

for a way to get parts the parts section of the forum

Just curious -  what forum are you talking about ?

Folks,

Thanks! I haven't looked for too many parts yet. But I have looked at all the links to places that have parts in the sticky. Wow lots of places to look. Is there a place that had the rollers? Looks like I may need at least one upper roller for the TD6.

Regards,

Chris

The roller can be built up with weld. From back in the day of repairing what you have Caterpillar put instructions out in a bulletin to service departments. I believe with some digging they could be found over at  Antique Caterpillar Machine Owners Club web site.Us the search and type welding rollers and see what happens. If you can weld yourself and it is only your time it may be a good way for you to make some heat during winter.

Thanks guys!

I can weld a little, so that may be a way to repair those worn upper rollers.

Currently the weather in the big outside open air garage is just too cool for this old boy.

Regards,

Chris

I agree with the others, any info on rebuilding rollers would be a great asset to have in keeping these old dozers working, parts are scarce, and welding them up could buy us alot of time. Propper procedure would be greatly appreciated if you could share

Thanks 

Mark

On 1/4/2017 at 8:36 AM, Rawleigh99 said:

I have that Cat brochure if you need it.

I guess I didn't weigh in on this but yes if this is info on repairs is available to be posted, it would be great!

Regards,

Chris

On 3/8/2015 at 11:43 AM, coffeecreek said:

:P When sugar seasons over and the snow melts down a bit . If you travel about 30 or 40 miles east on rt 6 , I'll let ya compare and see if it's normal ;)

Be about another 30 to Gus . Another 30-40 farther is Chum . Weekend before fathers day , Chum and some friends put on a heck of a show . You could see quite a few and learn quite a bit . It'd be worth the drive . You should also go to Saegertown . There's a few there . :D

I happen to have a little red loader just like that one as well!!!.....

Chumduffy,

Would like to see your dozer sometime. You guys have a get together in the spring? Let me know.

I had a uncle and still have some relatives near Smethport. Uncle lived in Cyclone.

About 2.5 hrs or so from you.

Do you have some pictures of your TD6?

Regards,

Chris

Folks,

The weather was more favorable today, so on my list of things to do was to fire up the TD6 and test the steering.

It had been setting since fall and I wanted to make sure that the clutches were not froze up. Also wanted to test the starting systems from a cold start. Added some fresh gas and opened the gas shut off valve. ( I was surprised that there still was some gas left in the tank. Turned on the diesel fuel supply valve. ( I had seen a fuel line leak near the starter and was worried that it might have drained the filters) Pulled the gas handle down into the gas position and it stayed! Nice! pulled out the choke. turned on the key and pulled the starter lever. it fired right up, stalled several times as I adjusted the choke. After running for a minute or so It smoothed out and ran on gas. The switch over to Diesel went well and it spooled right up and the exhaust cleared from some whit smoke at the switch over. Took a spin back to the woods and the clutches and brakes worked as they should.

Got up into third gear. Shut down back to gas worked well. Sure was nice having all the things work from the cockpit. Another successful little adventure with the TD6.

Regards,

Chris

Glad everything worked for you like it should Chris, sure nice when that happens ! Seems I want to run mine everyday, maybe the novelty will wear off eventually.

I tell my wife the only difference between men and boys is the size of their toys ! :).

Guys,

When I first got my Dad's Allis WD completed. I took a short ride almost every day in the summer! Yes some spring fever happening and none too soon! I have spent way too much time riding the computer and forums! Maple syrup season gets me going too! Time to spend some time outside, as this area comes out of the grip of winter! Unseasonably warm this week, for mid January.

I may pressure wash the mud from the TD6 tracks tomorrow. Just to clean up the toys after the big boys play with them.

I did have a question? I was looking for TD6 information on the web and up pops several pictures of my dozer. The added lever for the starter and the new ignition switch. Was wondering how these get added? I guess someone has posted them?? Not a big deal.

I have plans for this big IH toy and some of my small IH toys this summer. The IH Cub Cadet 147 and implements and hopefully the TD6 will be at our local tractor show mid July in Sagerstown PA. I haven't decided how much clean up I want to tackle on the "6". Those pesky track adjusters are on my list of projects.

Here is a couple off topic IH pictures of the 147R (red) and the train of implements.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee170/Sugarmaker/147R/147R and train 2016/DSC05307.jpg[/IMG]

DSC05308.jpg

DSC05305.jpg

DSC05303.jpg

Regards,

Chris