Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shadygrady76

looking for big 5 20" rims

What type of rim are they? Split cast spoke center type? If so 22.5 rims will also work and they are a bit easier to find tires for.

What type of rim are they? Split cast spoke center type? If so 22.5 rims will also work and they are a bit easier to find tires for.

X2

Are you saying that 22.5 "rims" will fill 20" Dayton cast iron spoked wheels?

Yes, 22.5 rims will fit the same cast spoke centers as a 20. The 22.5 have a "dropped" center to compensate for the size difference.

Wow. I wish I had know this. However, I think he's talking about 5 hole 20" Budd wheels. That's what's on my 1510, and they are hard to find.

Yes, 22.5 rims will fit the same cast spoke centers as a 20. The 22.5 have a "dropped" center to compensate for the size difference.

Yep, company I drove for was more interested in getting trucks back rolling than making sure tires/rims matched. Most of their tractors had Dayton wheels and four to six 10.00x20's and the rest 11rx22.5's. Tire guy did play favorites with some of the drivers. I got four new matching traction tires one winter on my front drive axle, six months later got new steer tires.

I agree with Dax, shadygrady is looking for a 5-lug 20 inch Budd wheel. They were common on lighter trucks back in the 1950's that would have used 7.50x20's, etc

The "light" loadstars had the 5 lug buds. Eason

Hi Guys,

I have the 20" 5 lug buds. Just bought the truck but it only has single rear wheels instead of duels. I wish the cast would work. I have a set on my '53 160. Hoping some body has a couple they are willing to part with. Mark

Where are you located? I have some but they would be crazy high to ship. Thx-Ace

I live in western Arkansas. Sorry you need to find some closer! Thx-Ace

Hi Guys, Gona try to use the RA25 from the '53 R162. what is a good source of parts and gaskets? Ill have to change ring and pinion to 4.88 from 6.16.

I can't help with 20" 5-bolt Budd's, but was wondering if there is such a thing as 20" 8-bolt Budd's? I think they are on a 6.5

bolt pattern. Thanks for any help.

Wow. I wish I had know this. However, I think he's talking about 5 hole 20" Budd wheels. That's what's on my 1510, and they are hard to find.

The old M101 trailers have that pattern, I'm not sure if they're 20s though.

Now that UPS is selling trucks again, they had a lot of step vans and other equipment with that pattern.

Hi Guys, Gona try to use the RA25 from the '53 R162. what is a good source of parts and gaskets? Ill have to change ring and pinion to 4.88 from 6.16.

Do you have a center section with those gears already? I'd be surprised if any of those parts are availible anymore. Maybe some gaskets and seals.

I can't help with 20" 5-bolt Budd's, but was wondering if there is such a thing as 20" 8-bolt Budd's? I think they are on a 6.5

bolt pattern. Thanks for any help.

There are at least the adapters availible to convert pretty easily. Enough guys are putting semi truck rims on their pickups.