Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevingweq

IH Marker light reproductions

Was over visiting the ATHS forums and someone posted that VMS had bought up the rights

to reproduce a variety of older style lighting products

Noticed these right off the bat , Look very nice , I have not found prices yet

http://www.vehiclesafetymfg.com/Cab-Marker-Lamps.html

post-77390-0-84348200-1421273718_thumb.j

were these available as an option on all light line trucks?

Neat find.

Fortunately mine are okay, but a couple of bulbs have give up recently.

Yes they were available ,I dont know exactly when they came out at least as far back as mid 60's I do not know if they were a factory option or dealer installed

The real deal ones have INTERNATIONAL cast into the metal at the base of the lens

These are NOS originals

post-77390-0-97301800-1421292878_thumb.j

Like this if you can see.

post-64588-0-02849700-1421358365_thumb.j

My 74 loadstar has those. I broke one on a tree limb. The lenses should be an even better seller! Thx-Ace

The lenses pop up frequently on ebay , most of the time reasonably priced

Some one on Facebook was asking $20 plus shipping.

I have that style on my Emeryville and a buddy of mine took 5 of them off of a truck that was being scrapped and gave them to me plus I already had a couple of spares so I am set on lights for a while.

Some one on Facebook was asking $20 plus shipping.

I have that style on my Emeryville and a buddy of mine took 5 of them off of a truck that was being scrapped and gave them to me plus I already had a couple of spares so I am set on lights for a while.

You lucky guy !!! Those lights are not impossible to find but are getting pretty scarce, NOS ones on ebay are 20-30-40 $ apiece especially with international on them

You wouldn't happen to have any headlight trim rings for a 67 Travelall would you ??? post-77390-0-11649100-1422502298.gif

The Emeryville is the only IH truck that I have. I'll ask around.

I had that style on my old Emeryville, 65 model cab and Dad had that style from the factory on his 65 Loadstar he bought new.

JD if I remember you were the one who commented they look like something off of the Jetsons!!!! Eason

Do you think the repro's are cast metal bases like the originals? The originals are a hefty chunk of metal.

According to the description "yes" Heavy diecast base is how they describe them :)

Kevin, I talked to Mark and he has a set of headlight rings. You can call him at 314-852-3431 he lives in Arnold, Mo.

Thank You Cowboy !!! Happy Happy Happy,!!!

I had that style on my old Emeryville, 65 model cab and Dad had that style from the factory on his 65 Loadstar he bought new.

Eason when dad brought that new 65 Loadstar home, no one had ever seen clearance lights like that around here, a local farmer friend of dad's said they looked like they belonged on the Jetson's space car.

Interesting..!!...back in the days all the Australian IH trucks had these marker lights..one new truck I brought had green marker lights ..mostly they were orange though I personally liked the green marker lights..but of course some snot nose " troffic craps " took a very different view....so it soon came to pass that the class 8 truck would fail its six monthly "certificate of fitness " if it showed green marker lights........so....just used to change the lens prior to the mandatory test...then change them back after the new certificate was issued....

I kept those green lenses when all my IHC trucks were traded on trucks made in Allentown, Pennsylvania.........

Mike

I will bet the chrome will not hold up on the reproduction ones near as well as the original Made in USA ones did. Most of the new stuff will pit and corrode. Restored some old 56 and 57 Chevy cars, and the reproduction pot metal emblems look great when new, but it is not long before they start to corrode.

As far as I know those lights were an IH factory option. My 71 Loadstar 1600 has them. One got damage when I tipped the truck upside down in 1989. Insurance covered the cost of a new cab light (plus a few other little dents and bends) so I have the damaged one for a spare. Seems to me it cracked the casting where the adjusting screw goes through.

post-90-0-39327900-1424186388_thumb.jpg

Interesting..!!...back in the days all the Australian IH trucks had these marker lights..one new truck I brought had green marker lights ..mostly they were orange though I personally liked the green marker lights..but of course some snot nose " troffic craps " took a very different view....so it soon came to pass that the class 8 truck would fail its six monthly "certificate of fitness " if it showed green marker lights........so....just used to change the lens prior to the mandatory test...then change them back after the new certificate was issued....

I kept those green lenses when all my IHC trucks were traded on trucks made in Allentown, Pennsylvania.........

Mike

Mike , Very interesting I have been keeping my eyes open for these marker lights and lenses for quite a while

and haven't come across any green lenses , sure would like to find some though !!!

Does anybody have these markers on a round body Travelall ??? that might be able to give me some measurements

where they were installed on the roof , from the factory ??

One more question , Did the travelall or pickups ever come with windshield visor's ??? I sure do like the look of them