Hey Ed Leaman

1256IHman

Was thinking you sold a White 4-325 at auction some time ago, I know there were only 4 built and supposedly 2 of them are not far from me in the Charles City area although I haven't seen them. Just curious if you know where #4 went after it sold

Dad new of that guy who sold his collection of mainly Oliver tractors if I remember correctly. We used to live fifteen miles from him

What a chunk of iron. Impressive. What is the history on these?

What a chunk of iron. Impressive. What is the history on these?

Ok, I guess I was wrong on the total produced. Have found out that there were 6 built and used for field demos, two were taken back to the factory and disassembled & the other 4 were sold. They no longer had the 3208 cat but had a 3406 I think. I didn't know these even existed

Wasn't there a 4-370 as well or was it a 4-270 in that series?

Tractor data shows a 4- 270 from 83-88 with cat 3306 638 cid, had 270 engine hp, 239 pto and 207 at the drawbar, 4-225 was the smaller model from 83-87. I think this is when White was getting into the higher hp, higher capacity four wheelers. IMO their early 4wds were more on the lines of the 2+2, built more for traction then hard pulling just my thoughts.

That is pretty impressive, was quite a few 4-180's around here at one time, never heard much bad about them. Wouldn't mind some seat time in that big ole pig.

Years back there was a guy that went by here with a 4-270. Nice looking tractor but not nearly as beefy as that bruiser. We never knew where he came from or where he was going but he had to be traveling some pretty good miles.

Guys, Just caught this, sorry for the delay, i don't get a chance to get on here as much as i used to. Wish I could spend more time here, its always been enjoyable.

the 4 - 325 you are referencing was a really well cared for tractor that belonged to a Mr. Piscerak. and then was sold to one of his neighbors. It had developed trans trouble shortly after the purchase and was sold witha trans problem for somewhere around 50K. Was a very nice tractor! We had three bidders on the phone from out of state as well as a couple on the ground. If i remember correctly the Buyer was out of Nebraska. Sent it down to Dayton Va to get totally restored. i think the buyers last name was Olsen, has a fabricating shop that caters to the airline industry. Was going to be able to build the parts needed to fix the trans (none exist) and knew enough about the machines to fix the inherent problem that the engineers missed when developing that tractor. I think some of you will remember the Magnum 66 series that gets talked about on this site. was built by a friend of mine by the name of Glenn Burkholder. I believe it was Glenns younger brother that tackled the restoration of the 4/325 along with the guidance of Warren Beery who is an Oliver White guru from that area. The Beery's had totally restored a 4-270 for someone out of Wisconsin or Mn a few years before and know how to make that series of tractor better than new! If I remember correctly I sold them that 4-270 and possibly a second one that they kept for themselves.

We did find out since the auction that there was 2 more of those 4-325 tractors built and the information is correct about the dismantling, There is some talk that maybe one of those tractors has been brought back from the "dead"; those two were unique in that one of them was powered by a Detroit and one was powered by Cummins. The 4 that are most often talked about were all powered by the 3406 Cat and of course would be capable of 425 horsepower with very little effort. LIke the IH Super 70 series, the timing of the product was such that the line of tractors was abandoned due to financial trouble in the company.

i believe the buyer out of Nebraska farms with a fleet of Whites and has a lot if knowledge about the Oliver/White tractors.

ed

i don't know how to find the thread on here but its a custom built version of a tractor that could have been. I am sure it could be searched for and found in the archives of this forum, However i am digitally challenged and will leave the search for that thread to one of you guys that isn't.

The guy that built it visits this site once in a while. i think he should bring it to a roundup sometime! park it beside the 5388 that Danny has put together!

ed

Archived