Life in Alaska

AKwelder

A side note, I am working on breathing life into dads 460.  And it is not wanting to cooperate 

17 hours ago, AKwelder said:

A side note, I am working on breathing life into dads 460.  And it is not wanting to cooperate 

Sigh.  I have been working on dads 460, not getting fuel.  It’s had some some fuel issues, I got clean fuel coming into the carb, but that’s where it falls off the rails

hey everybody checking in everything in Fairbanks is ok, me and the family are ok, Anchorage not so much. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

hey everybody checking in everything in Fairbanks is ok, me and the family are ok, Anchorage not so much. 

It was shaking ALOT down here.  My family faired ok.  I didn’t see any bad damage when I was out today.  I think some bridges on the Glenn Hyway are out and a few other issues.  Overall not too bad.

For anyone that actually had major damage or was injured, I feel bad, but i think it could have been much worse.

This one was not anything like the big one back in 64. I was just a pup back then probably the first good shaking I remember. In my mind it shock every bit as much down here in Calif. back then as the San Simeon  quake in 03 that was a 6.6 about 3 miles from right under me. 

Praying that they don't have any more damage discovered or from aftershocks.

• Like 1

Me and the eldest boy are leaving Minnesota today to go home, the family is doing fine in Fairbanks, about 400+ miles from the epicenter, in Anchorage they have had a lot of road damage, and one of the bridges on a major route into the city collapsed and has traffic pretty badly choked. A lot of people had there lives turned upside down, but as was mentioned it could have been a lot worse.

12 hours ago, Mudfly said:

It was shaking ALOT down here.  My family faired ok.  I didn’t see any bad damage when I was out today.  I think some bridges on the Glenn Hyway are out and a few other issues.  Overall not too bad.

For anyone that actually had major damage or was injured, I feel bad, but i think it could have been much worse.

Glad your alright, keep in touch

9 hours ago, ray54 said:

This one was not anything like the big one back in 64. I was just a pup back then probably the first good shaking I remember. In my mind it shock every bit as much down here in Calif. back then as the San Simeon  quake in 03 that was a 6.6 about 3 miles from right under me. 

Praying that they don't have any more damage discovered or from aftershocks.

just an interesting fact,  that was one of the largest earthquakes in recorded  history

6 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

MSP?  Good luck with your travels.

Yes, MSP.

thank you, we hope to land in Fairbanks before midnight 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

Yes, MSP.

thank you, we hope to land in Fairbanks before midnight 

Course midnight is a relative term up there...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Send some of the white stuff this way if you get a chance been a while since we've had any now and there's not quite enough for good sledding yet. I'm loading up tomorrow and going to try to ride just east of home in the forestry. Curious to try out the new sled and get the bugs worked out of it before I travel to far with it. 

Safe travels. 

• Thanks 1

So I went to plow snow with the 460 tonight.  The top of the fast hitch cylinder seems to popped out the seal.  Leaking pretty good.  Sigh.  More repairs

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, new guy said:

Always something....

Oh yeah, it alsways is

Ok, the fasthitch cylinder is leaking at the shaft,  a lot.  The ring seal came out and is sliding loose on the shaft.  

The question of of the day, is it worth cleaning it up and driving it back in place?  

43 minutes ago, chip man said:

That seal is to keep dirt etc out. If it has been pushed out by hydraulic pressure, the main pressure seal is shot.

Ok, I was afraid of that, but hopeful. 

Looks like I will pull the cylinder for a rebuild tomorrow.

we have a good hydraulic shop here, but does anyone have numbers for a rebuild kit?

AK Steiner's has the kit. IHS3473 $64.95. If you were next door I'd throw you a package!  

3 hours ago, Grumpy Gaby said:

AK Steiner's has the kit. IHS3473 $64.95. If you were next door I'd throw you a package!  

Thank you very much.