Life in Alaska

AKwelder

So my wife's new iPad is low on memory? We ask our sons. "Well daddy, we set it up to film our stocking and catch Santa."

Really?!?!?!?

Yep

Hmm. 43 minute high resolution video.

They may have a reality show soon.
Oh boy, we were both surprised by this one, lucky for us the iPad got bumped.

Another reality show?????????

TMI !!!!!

So my wife's new iPad is low on memory? We ask our sons. "Well daddy, we set it up to film our stocking and catch Santa."

Really?!?!?!?

Yep

Hmm. 43 minute high resolution video.

They may have a reality show soon.
Oh boy, we were both surprised by this one, lucky for us the iPad got bumped.

Another reality show

TMI !!!!!

Anyone seen the movie SexTape? Haha

All right. I need to get my table cleaned off so I can fix something else. So here we are 10 days in and I am finally getting to it

I am working on a rear snow blade for the 460, fast hitch and all. I have some sliced sections of pipe, and other steel hoarded so.........

D4DC3208-5357-4ECD-B5C8-8A3C565AE1C2_zps

I was cutting slots in a section for this

721553A7-F7D2-4C94-AE71-C4077A61DD0E_zps

Then weld the slots and mock it up on the blade

6D33A9D8-26AC-4571-B200-5B6F47A31FD8_zps

Then tap the holes

B2896B03-A59A-49CB-AD73-AEF6CF15A56E_zps

And I have room

115B489F-81DC-4624-8892-7D02541ACD57_zps

Okay. Can anyone tell me about this?

F82CF50E-9E9A-4154-967A-E9B0A2DF4F72_zps

Ahhh, you are now an official FARM!! Congratulations!! Now Uncle Sam wants to know every move you make around your flowers, don't lie and be honest, you farm 25000 acres of high producing wheat and corn right?

Well the weekend came and I got back to my blade rebuild. So I need to thread the pivot pin. It's 2 inch.

Can I try this

0A8BFD58-A5C2-4DE6-9222-72DD7F5C1956_zps

In the end I worked my butt off and it looked horrible

B79A5598-070F-4558-99C4-41CFA1D4E927_zps

So I took it to a machinist, well I tried

Now on to the main event. The kids are at their grandparents and my wife is visiting a friend. So I have the night to tinker in my the garage.

I have a small Kubota, My orange pumpkin. I pulled the front drive shaft and resealed it, hope that fixes the leaking gear oil. Then new air, oil, and fuel filters.

The ROPS is to tall to fit in my garage and was removed when I bought the tractor. So now I get to stir the pot and alter a ROPS. I know that it will void the manufacturer standing behind it. But if it isn't even installed how would that be better.

So I mocked it up.

FAA60524-6053-471C-8B2D-90FEC818239B_zps

Then pulled it down and laid it out

06EBA4BA-4E76-45DD-8524-D834D7144369_zps

And cut it up

30C126B3-9651-4E73-A76F-FA04250C3E30_zps

Pin it up and make a final lay out

B67BBA29-FD4B-4369-89FD-3BA5275B258F_zps

And after working to after 10:30 I get cleaned up and find my bed pre warmed

AED1C778-C62C-4355-8C6F-584ACEABD8C1_zps

Dang mutt.

Weld up some triangle plates and pin it on. Then you can fold it if need be. Our 3240 2008 Kubota is like that. We are expecting OSHA/L+I soon. They announced a dairy focus for the next 2 months. So we need a roll-bar on the 1066 and c-50. C-50s is behind the barn. When we scraped with it it would not fit under hay mow. Now it pushes feed so no reason not to stick it back on. The 1066....Not real excited about it. I dont see a certified 1 but lots of 'canopy mount' ones. Not sure if the non-cert one will be ok. I think we make a appointment for the inspectors. Then move all "questionable things" to the neighbors. You never know what they will come up with. PTO shields, 4 missing, 3 we bought like that, 1 got smashed and got removed. I get them and we are gonna prob make flip up ones quick for the 1066 and 186s. Straighten up the 684s. But the ROPS on a rig employees do not use? With flat land. ugh....$1500 for them and a canopy. Which I hear are noisy...any other options?

I would like it foldable too.

Troy maybe you can attach pontoons on the rops??

Seriously though I put an aftermarket one on our 1066 hydro. Before installation I painted the bottom of the canopy with bedliner. Seems OK noise wise

Here we go, now there is a ROPS

B5599221-8D25-4382-8CEA-737E8076784E_zps

Not OSHA legal, but it is there. I also added two 12 watt Kawell light bars, one front and one rear. It should give me enough light to plow snow. You will also see a SMV mount, I am trying to get there.

Weld up some triangle plates and pin it on. Then you can fold it if need be. Our 3240 2008 Kubota is like that. We are expecting OSHA/L+I soon. They announced a dairy focus for the next 2 months. So we need a roll-bar on the 1066 and c-50. C-50s is behind the barn. When we scraped with it it would not fit under hay mow. Now it pushes feed so no reason not to stick it back on. The 1066....Not real excited about it. I dont see a certified 1 but lots of 'canopy mount' ones. Not sure if the non-cert one will be ok. I think we make a appointment for the inspectors. Then move all "questionable things" to the neighbors. You never know what they will come up with. PTO shields, 4 missing, 3 we bought like that, 1 got smashed and got removed. I get them and we are gonna prob make flip up ones quick for the 1066 and 186s. Straighten up the 684s. But the ROPS on a rig employees do not use? With flat land. ugh....$1500 for them and a canopy. Which I hear are noisy...any other options?

I don't know about WA, but here you can request a walk through from OSHA, and they won't fine you unless it is a horrible and going to kill someone. They will give you a list of issues needing attention.

Unfortunately then they come back

Here we go, now there is a ROPS

B5599221-8D25-4382-8CEA-737E8076784E_zps

Not OSHA legal, but it is there. I also added two 12 watt Kawell light bars, one front and one rear. It should give me enough light to plow snow. You will also see a SMV mount, I am trying to get there.

Òh yeah, I also replaced all the check chains on the 3 point. They were not I. Very good shape

Yep we requested the check out. Have 2 weeks then to get up to code. But no fine

Do youself a favor, get some "DANGER, do not operate" tags and a key box to lock the keys up. When a tractor is not up to snuff you can "Tag" it and lock the keys (with another tag) in your lock box. Most times when a piece of equipment is unsafe you can remove it from service for repairs and avoid violations.

Farm Bureau guy even said post "no unauthorized operator" signs/stickers on equip. And similar on shop door.

Yep, and a sign out front with something along lines of "no unauthorized personnel, all visitors must report to office".

Keep a good attitude about it. It will help and they will notice.

Sooo.....what happened to these yoda pants pics you were gonna share....? ;)

I enjoy your projects you share on here. I enjoy metal work but only seem to get to do repairs anymore....

they are burned into my memory, amazing. No idea on how to download them to a computer?

Thanks for checking in. Glad you like it

Well, my wife left for a week in San Jose for a work conference. It's me and that boys all week!!

What could go wrong?

A earthquake!

I guess. Everyone who was awake claims things were really crazy for several minutes. People in Anchorage were much closer and it shook me up pretty good.

I rolled over and went back to sleep. Another day in Alaska

Well, Friday morning my wife lands at 3 am. A busy morning and off to work.

Come home, and the wife and kids are off to Minnesota, medical trip for my oldest, and hello grandma & grandpa. This morning I get a text, they lost the kids luggage for awhile, the car reservations are twisted, and my youngest is three steps from his mother back handing him. Sounds like a good trip to miss.

On to work, on a normal day off. Paperwork and idiots

Then the oldest daughter calls, "Dad, my brake pedal goes to the floor, can you look at it?"

I end up replacing the rear pads on her truck, she helped, but yea!

I am really looking forward to next week. Off to see Troy and tony at the world Ag expo,

I