Farmall Doc/anybody = Diesel injection help needed......on the 'other' red tractor brand

redgreen

IMG_20140919_134023_125.jpg

Hi gang. I need some help getting a Massey Harris 55 diesel running again. The tractor was parked a couple years ago in running order and I am thinking it has some stale fuel / water problems and I want to drain everything and bleed with fresh fuel. It's a gravity feed fuel system and I don't see a hand pump of any sort to prime it like I am accustomed to on newer tractors. Where do I start to get fresh fuel to the injectors?

Looks like a hand pump in picture just in front of the upper throttle rod . Our Mack trucks have one like that . On the right side of the hand pump knob unthreads and plunger goes up and down.

Nice Tractor

I agree with bitty about the pump. I would give the entire system a good draining and new filters in the canisters.

Pre-filling the canisters with fresh fuel before putting the covers on will save time and pumping.

Clean fuel in the system should have it running great in no time.

Loosen bleeder on canister closest to inj pump let gravity fill them. Lokks like the primer pump is on th eside of the injection pump usually you "unthread" the plunger and it pops up then pump it.

Archived