Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tonyinca

304 or 345 Engines

IHPA has a waiting list for the aluminum intake's. As 345/392 aren't as plenty as a 350. If I see a 350 in anything other than a gm product, wont waste my time looking at it. Im planning put a 345 in my other L-110 one day. I have time to wait for the intake, it took awhile. I have it now, but there is a lot of other projects till then. Here is couple pictures of the intake.

003_zpsb0658431.jpg

002_zpsd163c9df.jpg

004_zpsca6d191d.jpg

RT. thank you. thats the one i was talking about. their cpt/rpt stuff is just far above other quality parts. i feel bad i always name drop for IHPA, but they've been a great resource over the years. they also always come to rmihr to show off their toys and youre right. cant ask for better people.

IHRunner, How do we go about putting one of those sticky's up the top of the forum for IH truck suppliers ???

It sure would make it easy for us and others to click right to em'

kevin, thats actually a dang good idea. we could all post our sources and stores for parts. that would be fantastic

I believe the construction side has one for dozer parts.

Just have to ask a moderator. BJ usually complies pretty quick. It goes against the grain for the magazine, but we did it with crawler parts so truck stuff might fly.

even if it was a list of cross reference parts that would help. i can scan thousands of pages of numbers i have access to for the odd and the unusual ih's. even brakes.

Progress update on the 66 binder restoration.

I found a running 304 with 4 speed attached.

Had little problem lining it up with front end, radiator, shroud and clearing the tie rods . Rob made new front motor mounts we purchased another pan and pick-up tube from a other 304 and it fit perfectly. Engine has been set in its place with all connection made so now begins the fun. Almost ready to lift cab, pull the engine and send it to machine shop.

Few pic along the way

Tony

post-8888-0-05450500-1419401835_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-04191900-1419401920_thumb.jp

Interior pretty well gutted

post-8888-0-88171600-1419402082_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-85827300-1419402126_thumb.jp

Grandson & family here for holidays from Navada .Took him to see what Gramps is spending his inheritance on. LOL.

He had never heard of international Harvester pickups till Grandpa showed him two.

Tony

post-8888-0-24679500-1419402244_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-45585100-1419402281_thumb.jp

Tony, Dad had a 1960 B-100 with a 266 and dual glasspacks. I can still remember the sound. When he bought a new truck in 71 I could never get him to put duals on it. I think you will be happy with the 304.

I put dual 2.5" pipes from the man to the rear bumper on the 69 1100D 4X4 304 T98A1 in 76.

Professionally installed by a shop in Napa Ca that met Ca emission rules in 75.

Had the first cross-over pipe I ever saw installed and approved muffs.

Sounded good and ran good.

I could not determine any power increase when pulling the trailer up the hill to Tahoe, goes to show just how good the stock IH exhaust system was.

The V304 was really a great engine, never had the heads off in 20 years of ownership.

Progress update on the 66 binder restoration.

I found a running 304 with 4 speed attached.

Had little problem lining it up with front end, radiator, shroud and clearing the tie rods . Rob made new front motor mounts we purchased another pan and pick-up tube from a other 304 and it fit perfectly. Engine has been set in its place with all connection made so now begins the fun. Almost ready to lift cab, pull the engine and send it to machine shop.

Few pic along the way

Tony

Tony I know you are anxious to get your truck running --- But you have to take the carburetor out of the box before you put it on :) :)

Lookin forward to your build pictures , Sweet looking truck :wub:

Tony , How did your cowl tunnels survive ?? They look very nice what I can see of them , And did the rubber flappy air doors survive in one piece ???

double post

I love the BD 264 engine but I don't really drive them regularly but it always starts and runs like a sewing machine, you can play with the gear ratios and suit your fancy with performance. I have a 345 also in a pickup, nice motor but doesn't have the same old school feel in 3rd gear.