Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MN Binder

My New (to me) IH Cargostar Truck

Been a long time, but finally got around to finishing this truck very recently...all new brakes and wheel cylinders, new front tires, new exhaust, re-painted all wheels and the implement bed, and added quite a few lights to the bed also to make it road legal....Have used it a couple times to haul my 1456, and it worked very well, plenty of power, just not going to set any speed records, as it likes to cruise about 50 mph....

post-64157-0-06219900-1439049485_thumb.j

post-64157-0-02116300-1439049523_thumb.j

What a Handsome truck !!! Looks like it just drove home from the dealer :)

Wow, that truck looks really nice!

I put a drop-in electronic conversion in the stock distributor, called a Flamethrower, I think. Like a new truck! The stock IHC points are like hen's teeth around here.

Pretty sure that would be a Pertronix setup , they sure do work sweet !! Talk about shoot some sparks woo hooo

The spark power on those units allows a little bigger gap on the plugs than stock also , some guys run .040- .060

Thanks for the compliments guys!

So far, I still have points in this, but have been thinking about updating to electronic ignition, and probably will this winter....

A friend of mine has a Cargostar that he's been trying to get me to buy. It's burned out the Pertronix setup twice so far.

Mark were they the Ignitor 2 series , the first generation would cook if the key was left on, The other issue some folks

are finding is if the distributor is not grounded they will malfunction , But I guess with all things electronic some will fail .

I'm not sure which series he had this last time, but I know the first time it fried when he left the key on for a couple minutes. It's a real shame though, the truck just sits there. It's very tempting for me.