100c crawler engine overhaul

Well hopefully I will get the d206 together this week and I have a few questions. Do the sleeves go in any certain orientation? What do you guys use for sleeve oring lube. do I need to put any kind of sealer on the top lip of the sleeve as there is no oring on top? Does the head gasket need the paint trick applied? Does anyone have a pic of the oil cooler line setup? the cooler had been froze and leaked so it was just plugged. we are thinking about making our own steel lines for that and a pic of the setup on the engine would be helpful. is it necessary to re torque the head after warm up? I'll probably have a few more questions as I get into it. It's been at least six years since teardown so it'll be slow going for a while. Thanks Rob

No orientation is necc.

Ivory dish soap is the best lube and dip the o-ring in the soap before installing it in block and a finger full of soap arround base of sleeve as you install it.

No sealant at top of sleeve needed.

Make SURE the step at the top of the block is CLEAN before installing sleeves. Good 4x4 block and healthy hammer and don't miss.

Archived