Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FARMALL51

Tractor of the Week #36 ( International 300 Utility ) Post your photos

Tractor of the week

The

IH 300 Utility

Number Series

So post your photos and memories of your IH 300 Utility tractor

brought to you by

IH

0305002437-l.jpg

1955 to 1956

1955: 501
1956: 20219
Final: 33664

0102000258-l.jpg

0305003429-l.jpg0305003428-l.jpg

Dad bought this 300U in 1954, it was a demonstrator with 50 hrs on the tach.

I traded it in 1988 with over 8000 hrs.

It saw a lot of loader work with a super six loader.

post-1893-0-97125000-1396873304_thumb.jp

Ray

Here's a Dirtboyz project, at RPRU in MN.

BK

post-42413-0-34016400-1396905698_thumb.j

Here's a happy 300 owner in MO.

post-42413-0-92556300-1396905806_thumb.j

Thanks for posting that picture Billy , that is one darn nice little tractor

Danny

Well, Your just a little early for me.

I just bought one in Ohio and its on the truck headed home.

We had one back in the day, very handy tractor got used everyday . Ours was bullet proof also.

I will post pictures when I receive it.

Tony

Someone needs to post the picture of Elvis Presley sitting on one.

Someone needs to post the picture of Elvis Presley sitting on one.

They claim this is Elvis on his 300. If it is, it's back when he was still a skinny kid!!

Thanks for posting that picture Billy , that is one darn nice little tractor

Danny

Glad I could help, Danny! ;)

These are the only 300 Utilities I have :( But I thought I would show them anyway.

I wondered if these were commemorative because of the Elvis and Nixon affiliation with the 300 utility. There was a lot of publicity over this tractor alone, wonder why this and not any others........

E1A73CD4-5CF2-4AC4-B248-59575BADE4EA_zps

These are the only 300 Utilities I have :( But I thought I would show them anyway.

I wondered if these were commemorative because of the Elvis and Nixon affiliation with the 300 utility. There was a lot of publicity over this tractor alone, wonder why this and not any others........

E1A73CD4-5CF2-4AC4-B248-59575BADE4EA_zps

I think it was I.H.'s first attempt at the Ford and Ferguson market. It was heavier and more power with our version of three point (Two point fast hitch) and T.A.

That is my thoughts on the hoopla and in my opinion having used all three. I liked the 300 best. (Not Biased)

Tony

I know this is an Old Post but I Just acquired a 1955 IH 300 Utility and si just had to Post it here for the record.

Here is a link to my First You Tube Video of My Newest addition to MY RED POWER HERD

https://youtu.be/UTvBNtGdwbA

The sad part is that the 300 utility was needed right after WWII to cutback the sales Henry Ford was getting from his 2N and later 8N. The W4 and Super W4 were produced way past their "best before" date by the time they were discontinued

1955 300 U finished Feb 2016.

Purchased from Ohio in March of 2014

Tony

When this post originated, April of 2014, this little girl was on truck coming home in very sad condition. LOL

Tony

post-8888-0-70867500-1456352215_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-82180600-1456352239_thumb.jp

I know this is an Old Post but I Just acquired a 1955 IH 300 Utility and si just had to Post it here for the record.

Here is a link to my First You Tube Video of My Newest addition to MY RED POWER HERD

https://youtu.be/UTvBNtGdwbA

Saw your video ,Looks like you got a nice one . I looked high and low to find a decent one and still had a lot to do to it.

Congratulations,

I spent lot of time on one when growing up then it was traded in 1976.

I purchased a replacement in March of 2014 and just finished ground up restoration Feb 2016.

I enjoy operating it, its a very solid tractor.

Tony

BTW ,Welcome to forum ,lot of guys here with much knowledge on I.H. and lot of other subjects.

We like pictures! Good bunch of guys & gals here!

Thanks Tony... That 300U of yours came Beautiful. It's really a Tough looking tractor and I was impressed to hear the back round trivia about Elvis. Love these Cool Pics I found.

post-120118-0-27895200-1456357450_thumb.

post-120118-0-38670000-1456357462_thumb.

post-120118-0-61227200-1456357485_thumb.

post-120118-0-91863700-1456357508_thumb.

I would say Elvis knew a good tractor.lol

Doing some research about the "Elvis Connection".. being a Fan, I found the trivia kinda interesting, and I found it odd that the story goes... He was sold that 300U by a IH Dealer in 1957 ???? That is odd I thought, since the 300U was only made in 55 & 56.. I can't imagine Elvis buying a used Tractor but maybe it was a "NEW LEFT OVER" from the Dealer ??? Couldn't fond any more info about the ACTUAL ONE he owned, whether it's in someone's collection or not? Anyway...makes for a Fun Back Story about the 300U.

Doing some research about the "Elvis Connection".. being a Fan, I found the trivia kinda interesting, and I found it odd that the story goes... He was sold that 300U by a IH Dealer in 1957 ???? That is odd I thought, since the 300U was only made in 55 & 56.. I can't imagine Elvis buying a used Tractor but maybe it was a "NEW LEFT OVER" from the Dealer ??? Couldn't fond any more info about the ACTUAL ONE he owned, whether it's in someone's collection or not? Anyway...makes for a Fun Back Story about the 300U.

I looked also, not much info/pictures of the 300, but plenty of stuff about his 4010 w/ loader :angry: . Looks like it went through a restoration & everything. http://thedealerconnection.org/2009/05/26/elvis-presleys-original-john-deere-tractor-to-go-on-display-at-graceland/

I can see new sales of 300 into 57. I've purchased plenty tractors and pickups in my life time that were previous new models because I thought they were more dependable or the price was right and new model was just cosmetic new.

Tony

Gotta wonder why NOT One Single Photo Exist of Elvis Actually Using the Tractor?? That's ODD.. I would certainly of thought that JD would of Milked that Celebrity endorsement for every $$$ they could, with endless Pics etc..

It may of been technically Owned by Elvis and used on the Estate but until I actually see a Pic of him on it I still believe his Loyalty was with his first tractor....BIG RED... "that's my story and I'm stickin' to it"

Even when Ertl made the "Elvis" JD Tractor they had to use one Really Bad & Obvious "Photo Shop Picture" for the box cover which I think is kinda silly..

I tried to post it here but for some reason it won't let me..

I can see new sales of 300 into 57. I've purchased plenty tractors and pickups in my life time that were previous new models because I thought they were more dependable or the price was right and new model was just cosmetic new.

Tony

I think You're absolutely right about that Tony, it's just that I have to ask... Why would he Buy a 300U in 1957 when the 350U should of been available at the Dealers? Just wondering about the validity of the story...