Where's the best place to sell a collection ?

First off this is not an ad , I want opinions :D . I have about 125 tractors that I used to display until daughter decided to take over the basement . I decided to box them all up and instead of stashing them in the attic to go to pot it would be better to get rid of them . I did some looking on internet and have struck out . Years back I sold some doubles at a toy auction in Grimes,Iowa but can't find them again .

I don't want to wait for the National IH auction this Fall but I also don't want to end up getting 10 cents on the dollar either . Anybody have any ideas ? TIA

From what I've seen Chupps auction in Shippshawana IN has a good following for farm toys. They can do live and online bidding at the same time.

i go to a few toy auctions a year and the best place to sell toys that i have seen is your local auction company….yea they don't have the following that girard does or other big name auction houses but from what I've seen they don't get the prices that the local places get and my thinking is that why pay premium for a toy from girard when chances are next week they'll have another one on there sale and a lot of older folks that buy alotta toys don't use internet don't get me wrong girard gets some good prices but for the most part they sell under what local sales that i attend get and I'm from western iowa

Or you could post them on here and see if members will pay what you ask and make some kind of deal.

I would be interested in seeing what you have. We don't have toy auctions out here in Virginia and I have to do most of my buying via the Internet and to obtain older pieces I go to Ebay on my toy tractor web sites I belong to.

Put them in Redpower Magazine

Local High School is having Farm Toy Show next week. Other towns in county on different weekends.. Auction would get'em sold though. Or post a few on CList...to test market.

Archived