MX200 issues

I am looking at upgrading to an mx200 from my 7120. The mx looks pretty good but has a few things I wonder about. I started it today outside at about 20 degrees and let it warm up for a few minutes while I looked it over. It looks like it has some type of hydraulic oil seep/leak on the right side that has run down and coated the trans side and radar with oil/dirt. I can't see exactly where its coming from but the previous owner was told that its a sensor or pressure switch and that its just a slow seep. Then I drove it for a mile or so down a dead end street, shifting thru the gears up and down. It sure seemed like there was a pause between 8-9 and 10-11 and so on. The shifts to an even numbered gear were quick like my 7120 does. The PO said that it does that only when its cold and works fine when warmed up, but by then the heater was blowing warm air and the hyd pump hoses were warmer than my hand but barely. Is that still cold? Do these tractors have accumulators too? A buddy thought there was some programming changes that could be done to fix this. Also when steering at a stand still, I thought it looked like the front axle wiggled so I had my wife twist the steering wheel back and forth and sure enough it is a little loose on the pivot shaft and bushings and it looks like its not greasable??? How hard is it to replace/fix this?It also looks like the front tires are worn weird, different from road cupping and I am wondering if this could have anything to do with the looseness in the front axle? And this tractor only has 3435 hrs on it. It runs well and I like the cab but the trans issue bothers me. I'll try to get the dealer to address these issues, but I'm sure hes going to say that I've bent him over already haha. What should a tractor like this be worth. Its a 2001 model w/ 3435 hrs and will have 4 new 18.4-46 Firestones on it. He wants 65K and will set the wheels to 30" row spacing, check AC(PO said it threw a low refrigerant code at end of 2013 season) and install the EZ pilot autosteer that I have already bought(it was going to go on my 7120 but will go here if I decide to buy it). I will back away unless he'll do something about the leak and slow shifts, but I was wondering if anyone else has had any si milar problems or know of anything else to check for? Thanks, Rob

I have heard about electrical probs on the MX models ending in zero a lot of them were fixed by th next model ending in five. IMO walk away. Don't know of anything one the MxM thought. My thoughts, find a MX 255 or similar, PUMAs are also good.

If the serial number is above JJA0105000 there will be less electrical issue probabilities than with earlier models.

One issue with the shifting on the mechanical engine MX Magnums is the lack of interaction between the transmission controller and the engine controller. Lower speeds are a little jumpier since the engine can't "slow down" a little when shifts occur.

Another factor with gear shift quality is regulated pressure. (also can affect remote valve function a little) . Very common to have to adjust the regulated pressure which then requires a fresh transmission calibration.

Archived