life in our corner

TroyDairy

I noticed this farm has capability to be connected to a methane digester. How much revenue potential does that bring? Does the manure get pumped to a digester or is there a digester on the farm and the methane gets pumped to a generation station?

We would fill it snerland....600. Prob jerseys though. They are the cool thing now.

The digester is N a bit. A line is there but he was a jerk so the other partners cut him off. No revenue. You pump manure there and they pump separated manure back and you get composted bedding for free. So something. Friends are partners in the digester with a Indian tribe. Makes a killing on taking in waste products from Seattle. Anything that rots. Beer waste, bakery waste, etc. The electrical income is tiny but the tipping fee is a cash cow. Lots of rules here on where that sort of stuff can go now days.

I guess it floods right up to back of dairy every decade. 1000s of acres of land down there. No berrys or potatoes. ...or anything else to compete. The 2 hr away part sucks. You would need to move or hire a guy at management salary to run it. Imo it isn't the best place to live. That valley is kinda rough. Lots of drugs and a kind of trashy community. Way dif than our area. Up above and east of Arlington looks nice. No farms though.

A farm with facilities for that many cows is a problem. The old Wiersma farm once had 900 cows, but the new owners remodeled the parlor into an apartment.

rest of buildings are questionable except good lay stalls. Andrew has the ground rented now. Good dirt there.

Some nice fields just out of Arlington but Tillman has them tied up tite.

Further east, Soler is talking about getting out, but facilities for only 160 cows, and not much adjacent ground available.

Beyond that, not enough good ground and no buildings.

Good ground W of town, but being farmed for crops or Andrew has it. West of freeway you wil have to fight with Visser for dirt.

What about up Skagit valley E of Burlington?, closer to the holy land.

The occasional looding at Duvall is kind of a blessing, keeps out the berry guys, and keeps out houses. All that close available ground is a real plus. You and mama will have to get some tats if you move there.

And loose some teeth!

The 2 hr run is the hang. And I would rather up and move to another state than there! With the DOE stuff planning it may be best to start a 40 hr week life.

Looked at a neighbors place this morn. Brown guy "bought" it but wants us to buy dairy and 50. 400 hd and pretty nice set up. Would take way less work than the Monrovia one. Have to get the 500 acre guy to work with us on manure though.

20150926_152637_zpsrgqzadmi.jpg

Always amazes me. The 1066 starts cold with a touch of the button. The new injectors were so worth it. Have wondered if it would help the older 186. I mean the oem one only have 16700 hours on them.....

Ha

I should pull them an run them to town. The '79 186 is the most cold blooded sucker out there. Under 55 you got to plug her in. Been that way since we got her with 4500hr in '98. Paid 10k...1 hydrostat, which is getting soft again, other than that unbelievable service for us. Would love to have a tripleR type resto on her. But man hiw can you justify that cost? Then again they are asking 20+k online now for them.

20150926_202949_zpsy2rtbhx0.jpg

Local boys decided to go and host their own demo derby last night. The local fair is getting so strict it aint much fun any more. Went good. ....got old tractor club to drag out cars. Not sure whos m this was but she was niiiice. The 2-105 is the last White sold in our county. The owner is the old dealer as well. Nice looking rig.

Not too bad deal. 9000 per acre. Low ground on the Snohomish river. Flood right up to the slabs 1x in 10 years generally. 100s of acres of land in the area. Its 2 hours S. The dairymen down there were a bit rough, not dutch, and most all are gone. This guy is off the boat dutch. Kinda a character. His auction is where we got that 2wd McCormick this spring. Needs all new stalls. They are concrete dividers. Like coffins. The building is from Boeing in the 70s. They built bigger ones and since scrap was low put out a "come get it" notice. The barns and commodity shed are both from there. Needs tlc but the layout is nice. The parlor is another building under that big roof. He is interested in leasing it. Currently a guy from here rents it for organic bush beans. He is a bit of a loose entity so not sure if we wanna partner with him. He needs rotations and manure. He farms 1000ish acres. Rough area too. So close to the city you have to lock everything up. Even has covers on hose reels so guys cant steal motors and gas. We need more cows for 2 families over here so this is plan B. Plan A is my uncle up the rd at gpa's old place. He cant decide what he wants to do. 65 and no hobbys. But his dairy is.....a bit....rough. You know why spend $ if i am gonna quit? For 15 years. Plan A.2 is guy 4 miles away quit last week. 400 stalls, nice place, needs some love to be great. Pending a berry guy now. I called the brown guy and he wans to sell us 50 and the dairy. Great....but where will manure go? Working on a few neighbors around there about their long term plans. All 60ish with renters now. 600 acres i bet touch this place. No berries! Yet

Daughter's bunny had 12 bunnies. They are the cutest things i ever have seen.

20150917_165923_zpsy5ecuinp.jpg

Troy, There's allways Freddie and Eddie Fucersma with no kids and no common sense. Heck they will all die and leave it to the church someday

Oh and anyone else watch Roadkill tv on youtube? Found it a few weeks ago and man. On ep 17. Awesome gearhead show for gearheads. Near everyone is funny and they do things dumb....that i would love to join in!

Them Folkersma boy are odd ducks. Them and their sister all still live with their mom? Or she pass away? They must be near 60s now right. Wonder how often Boon stops in there?

Well Im 58 freddie was a year ahead and eddie a year behind me in school. Mama been long gone for a while.

What place hasn't BB stopped by is the question, I intentionaly changed Fred and Ed's last name spelling a few years back after they felt like they didn't need to pay me rent on a field cause they had to replant 8-10 acres of it cause it got rained on, like I had any control over the good Lords weather system, Best part is any time I see fred I always say hi and tell him it's was good to see him which only gets me a stupid look from him with no response, :o my bad.

Yeah.....no one says anything bad about them. But no one says anything good either! They have much land?

For some reason they have been here at least 1x maybe 2. Cant recall why....did they build a barn a few years ago? Didnt take like 2 years or something? I think they looked at our stall set up. And for the odd look....every time I've seen them they have a bit of a odd look! Axleson prob has some stories about them. And other islanders...?

Yeah.....no one says anything bad about them. But no one says anything good either! They have much land?

For some reason they have been here at least 1x maybe 2. Cant recall why....did they build a barn a few years ago? Didnt take like 2 years or something? I think they looked at our stall set up. And for the odd look....every time I've seen them they have a bit of a odd look! Axleson prob has some stories about them. And other islanders...

Several hundred acres is a guess. They haven't built anything for at least 12-15 years they might have remodeled possible.

15 years ago I would grow grass and for them to feed only problem was they never used fertilizer on the crop so I didn't make poop since I was paid by the ton right across the ditch i had BB on the same program they would fertilize and water if it was needed so that turned out ok