life in our corner

TroyDairy

Send that rain over here PLEASE!! So you can finish that field. When you came over for the chev. you slip-steamed us 3" rain. Thanks! ( 3" rain.... drops fell three inches apart. ) But it helped!!!

SO our showers were 3/8th of a inch. Let it soak today and will finish mowing next 190 tomorrow. Long day coming..........new seat for the 7140 did not come yet either. Advil will be my buddy.

SO our showers were 3/8th of a inch. Let it soak today and will finish mowing next 190 tomorrow. Long day coming..........new seat for the 7140 did not come yet either. Advil will be my buddy.

Conspiracy with the chiropractor?

Gee Troy where do you get time to keep up with redpower?

I have a bit of catching up to do!

Gee Troy where do you get time to keep up with redpower?

I have a bit of catching up to do!

Autosteer? Friend (same guy you was nearly killed by a momma cow easter weekend) said he was night spraying a couple weeks ago and dozed until the auto steer would alert he was in the headland. Fell sound asleep he said. The fence row and barrow pit on the county road woke him.

Anyhow must be in the phone while working.

Oh between loads feeding We add water so I can bebon the phone while I stand. Yes AK...chiro, dr, drug companies are in cahots with old seats and 12mph field work. I stopped on headlands Saturday and ordered a new one from k+m on Amazon. Be hare tomorrow. Be cheaper than doc n pills in short run!

Mader...no gps here. Custom guy got it in his new MF mower. Hos son went to Radio shack and got a super load buzzer to replace the oem one. He had snoozed though it...and the neighbors field..and 2 3 fence post.

Mader...no gps here. Custom guy got it in his new MF mower. Hos son went to Radio shack and got a super load buzzer to replace the oem one. He had snoozed though it...and the neighbors field..and 2 3 fence post.

That was expensive.

Why swing arm over a self propeled swather? Price or another reason.

Sorry is there a reason other than price for the pull behind hay swather over a self propeled swather? Seems the self propeled would be faster. I do know the self propeled tend to get stuck easy. Just a different area farming question. Hope this makes more sense.

Oh! I have tractors. They are 50k more new. Spm get stuck fast. I can mow faster actually than buddies spm but he turns faster. We are toying with trading the 12' and 1 15' for a low hour 15' Hesston spm. 04 with 1000 hrs. Then I still have 1 for low lands and faster on dry land and rest of summer. But they aint free!

No I build fence I don't think I've seen more than 1 out of 100 having a pull type swather. I'm just a curious person.

1 Neighbor dairy uses a triple mounted combination mower (Krone?) flies thru fields in no time, must be 25-30' per pass.

Here all the custom guys (most dairies use custom worker) have spm. 130k new vs 50k for pull behind. We got tractors so we figure why not? The triple mowers are all 30'. 3 10' units. That is showing up here too now. Claas and JD/Kuhn units. Work good. Kinda cruddy job on corners. 1 Claas 30' machine. Same mowers but on a SPFH chassis Basically.

20150506_185027_zpsqe25szpl.jpg

Got 130 of winter wheat from berry guy we lease from. They are replanting in the fall. New thing. Usually in spring. But all i have to do is pump manure on it. Way heavier than it looked.

Up at 5a and down at 10:30p. Big days ahead since the weather looks great. Gonna sleep hard tonight.

TD When I saw the pic. WOW what kind of grass is that?, looks like grain! :huh: Then read your comment! It's got protein, volume, and they like it! :D

We had a 20% chance of scattered showers yesterday... 10% fell on the neighbors one side of the place, and the other 10% on the other!! And I left my tools out, tractor opened up, guess I needed to have drop the hay!