life in our corner

TroyDairy

Nope. But this winter the beater got tipped up on its side and drained the oil out of the filler cap. Pulled back on the wheels and added 5 qts oil. Called it an oil change ;)

Nice. Did that with the mail jeep once. ..or twice.

http://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza

Go here...

Tiss the season..

20150402_163714_zpsgnvsgoij.jpg

http://fsrctanks.com/portfolio/barniak-farms/

Got a quote for one of these. $490000...... $.19 cents/gallon. Cheaper than cement but man..... That's a lot for nothing. Ain't like there is any income from a tank. NRCS don't help build them anymore with grants much either. Earthen one is fine but they catch so much water. And most are afraid that after the Judge in Spokane ruled NRCS standards weren't good enough that lawsuit around the country against every lagoon will pop up. Nice huh? A judge from a city now decided via attorney's data that he knows better than decades of highly trained engineers do.

Now after dad and brother get the pto for the 2nd time. I notice the 1000 shaft has a bit of play. And the rad is full of mud and appears to have been frozen. $400 to rebuild and new hoses. Good grief....

Oh and since its easter. ..the scale quit on the mixer. Cows knocked a $150 bottle on the ground. Heres to a better week.

20150405_081401_zpsmwxotd6l.jpg

Holy kats! Page 3 to find myself! Busy Easter huh guys?!

Them big steel things are rusty.....gonna shine them up some.

20150406_153730_zpsrwx7cewc.jpg

Why am i not on Ax Men? In this pic there is a honest dump truck load of ancient ceder. Some is covered a bit, big one in middle back a ways. Peat ground that has been farmed for about 60 years. This treat is a 4 acre corner of the big grass field around the bunker and across the road. Last time we replanted we skipped this corner. 7 years ago. Time before...12 years ago we worked it all and my too be wife and I picked stumps/sticks for a week every night she was off work. 6-7 hay wagon loads. As kids every year Dad did another 5 ac peat field chunk and all of us cousins, 6-8 of us, from close by picked sticks up. We burned 100s of tons. This piece is 12' long and I could barely move it to get around it...300# at least. Dripping wet...I may keep it, it has pretty grain to it. Yard art? Reason for not letting it go this time is it's bumpy. You hit them 6" below the ground and your tail is off the seat! About 50' behind the tractor is a story. When I was 4 or 5 I just remember the tile guy hitting a 'stick'. He could NOT get around or though it. Finally a old guru showed up with a D7 (8?) and dug around the stick and winched it out...being pulled by a 450JD. 20+' and 4+' around. Old farmer next door had them drag it to his place. He let it sit a year, cut into slabs, let them sit a year, split them and it took him a entire year to use it all in his home stove! He left a slab for yard art for 20 years. A truck missed the turn and crunched it about 10 years ago.

20150406_155134_zpsd6mso4x5.jpg

Holy kats! Page 3 to find myself! Busy Easter huh guys?!

Them big steel things are rusty.....gonna shine them up some.

20150406_153730_zpsrwx7cewc.jpg

Why am i not on Ax Men? In this pic there is a honest dump truck load of ancient ceder. Some is covered a bit, big one in middle back a ways. Peat ground that has been farmed for about 60 years. This treat is a 4 acre corner of the big grass field around the bunker and across the road. Last time we replanted we skipped this corner. 7 years ago. Time before...12 years ago we worked it all and my too be wife and I picked stumps/sticks for a week every night she was off work. 6-7 hay wagon loads. As kids every year Dad did another 5 ac peat field chunk and all of us cousins, 6-8 of us, from close by picked sticks up. We burned 100s of tons. This piece is 12' long and I could barely move it to get around it...300# at least. Dripping wet...I may keep it, it has pretty grain to it. Yard art? Reason for not letting it go this time is it's bumpy. You hit them 6" below the ground and your tail is off the seat! About 50' behind the tractor is a story. When I was 4 or 5 I just remember the tile guy hitting a 'stick'. He could NOT get around or though it. Finally a old guru showed up with a D7 (8?) and dug around the stick and winched it out...being pulled by a 450JD. 20+' and 4+' around. Old farmer next door had them drag it to his place. He let it sit a year, cut into slabs, let them sit a year, split them and it took him a entire year to use it all in his home stove! He left a slab for yard art for 20 years. A truck missed the turn and crunched it about 10 years ago.

20150406_155134_zpsd6mso4x5.jpg

TD, We have cleaned up several river delta fields over the years with logs just like that. Dad dug up one that was close to 180' long it now is part of his remodeled beach house it has a nice grey stain which goes about 4'' into the wood from all the mud.

On my rock pile for my goats i have an old 4' diameter log with a root ball and a 30' long tree which was laying flat in the ground it was hit by tillage equipment year after year over the last 125 years so it has been shaved in half as it kept working up out of the ground so I have 1/2 a root ball and 1/2 the tree which makes a nice 4' wide flat area for the goats to lay on during the warm days.

SO after doing 2/3 of the peat area I gave in. Plowed around it. It was wet too so I got stuck as well. On the next pass I turned around where the loam meet the peat. Did 6-8 runs then continued going straight again. But when I did get stuck I got my wonderful wife to pull me out with the 7140 (good thing I put the duals on it yesterday). She is going home here. 2 year old on her lap and followed directions perfect. Pulled me right out. Sometimes a hard deal with a plow in the ground. Good gal for sure......

20150407_173852_zpsoke2uqfe.jpg

20150408_112159_zpsgndtql6r.jpg

Guess what this is and then explain how it could be $100

Door shock.... mother case adds $99 dollars to the price after it gets unloaded from the boat from China?

SO after doing 2/3 of the peat area I gave in. Plowed around it. It was wet too so I got stuck as well. On the next pass I turned around where the loam meet the peat. Did 6-8 runs then continued going straight again. But when I did get stuck I got my wonderful wife to pull me out with the 7140 (good thing I put the duals on it yesterday). She is going home here. 2 year old on her lap and followed directions perfect. Pulled me right out. Sometimes a hard deal with a plow in the ground. Good gal for sure......

20150407_173852_zpsoke2uqfe.jpg

Amazing how a good wife makes it better. I am blessed with one better than I deserve myself, and it appears I am not alone

It is the strut that holds the Q attach pins in unlock on a Alo loader. Proprietary design....could not find anything beside OEM. Ridiculous...but on a + I got 500 for a nice bull so I used it!

So PACCAR test center has a open house every year during the Skagit valley Tulip fest. I finally made it down with a friend from church. AWESOME! Little truck show, let you walk everywhere nearly. See a 3D printer working...insane technology. They use them for prototyping stuff. Friend chuckled at the engine displays. They just blew up the PACCAR engine in their truck at the forklift shop he works at. 100k on it. Could not take pics everywhere. Not in the 'beat the heck out of the suspension" room. Huge cooler with a T2000 nearly a full ice cube. Massive cooling system for the hydros that do the wiggling/bouncing. A old looking flatbed, with a gen set and eco blocks on it. What? Lied down on the cement. It is a dyno trailer. HUGE gear box and braking system. You see their trucks running up and down the freeway all the time. Loaded with eco blocks just putting on the miles. That would be a cool place to work!

Here was a coooool canadian KW. '68 iirc..

20150411_115307_zpszs4ro7dv.jpg

20150411_115402_zpsq2zrpvc5.jpg