life in our corner

TroyDairy

I don't know what it is, but it is parked next to an Audi. Seems like it must work with a cash crop. Cutting berrys off for winter/transplant?

It looks similar to what a cranberry guy would put together. I believe that they harvest them dry in your neck of the woods.

It looks similar to what a cranberry guy would put together. I believe that they harvest them dry in your neck of the woods.

Bingo. Sort of. That is a cranberry caner. He drives along and the reel spins and snips off any extra cane. It grows like a mat on the ground. Then the HAND RAKE all 30 acres into these piles.......20150309_115459_zps5l1qwthl.jpg

They are now hand loading a trailer behind a Yanmar crawler and piling it up. Then he will bale them up with a old MF baler. Will get pics later when he starts. Then sells the canes to other farmers for new fields.

20150310_132056_zpsxw16odrz.jpg

Bit far away but have to do. Here they are piling them up. Then he will hand fork them into a old Massey baler and make 2' long small bales. At normal length they weighed over 100# so he quickly asked Dad to show him how to adjust the knotter! He prob will work on that by Saturday so i will try to get some pics.

20150310_150739_zpszclawxri.jpg

Back too work! Dad's 'restoration' is pretty much done. Needs some fine tuning and the wiring harness replaced...dont get me started...but ran the mower well for a couple hours doing road sides.

20150310_161606_zpsaibtd0tx.jpg

Better pick of the 'puller' look Hydro!

Change of scenery....

20150311_140458_zpspltqnhh9.jpg

Went to get heifers. The raiser had 2 or 3 of these Ro-gators with spreaders on a pivot spreading. Just behind it is a 500 Qtrac pulling a 30+ foot something. Looked darn near like a power harrow.

20150311_140325_zpshygbved6.jpg

No kindergarten today. Spent all 14.5 hours with dad. Did pretty good I thought.

20150310_180423_zpswmycyhal.jpg

Looks like a BTO now! ??

Oh Jerry I am so a outlaw! She can sit and be buckled finne with out a booster seat of wiggle. Besides them boosters make me nervous with leather seats. I have trompped the brakes with the suburban and they both near slid out from under their belts. Here it's tech 100# or 16 till you can sit on your ars

Under 8 years of age requires safety seat , Unless 4 ft 9 in or taller

http://www.safekids.org/statelaws?gclid=COaRn6nHpcQCFW4Q7AodUBcAnw#WA

That sounds more reasonable than our states 100# or 16. I get the ones for the toddler. But my 4' 7 year olld sitting on them boosters....only good is it pit the shoulder belt where it should be. But they lean to pick up a crayon and the things tip right over. If I get side hit i cant see it hollding them properly.

I guess riding in the back window is no longer acceptable.

Another childhood memory Shot to heck.

That sounds more reasonable than our states 100# or 16. I get the ones for the toddler. But my 4' 7 year olld sitting on them boosters....only good is it pit the shoulder belt where it should be. But they lean to pick up a crayon and the things tip right over. If I get side hit i cant see it hollding them properly.

Troy, the link I put in the last post was for Washington

Used to ride everywhere in the back of Gramps pickup , including 100 miles to Maine :)

My spot was standing on the hump in the back seat looking over the front. That was before kindergarden, not even sure the car had seat belts. That was before 67 so who knows, not even sure what kind of car it was. First car I remember was the new 67 390 Cougar. Dad also bought a new 67 C10, 327 auto with overloads. Highjack over.

Kev I went there and read. Not what the doc has posted! Shocker they moved the target.....again. best is if your car seat is older than 2 years its no good. Hospital supposed to keep your baby till you can show a newer on!. Nazis. Carbon monoxide detection? Holy cow I am a real rebel!

Troy , maybe we are not thinking about why they are so worried about our kids....... they need as many people to help pay off the national debt as possible .

Of course the thing is they are missing is the economy will need to be able to leave capitalism alone so it can make enough jobs to pay for the debt

Tim, kids? Have you seen how much Planned 'parenthood' gets? I dont think kids are high on our govt radar. Just lip service. Imagine if 50 million more Americans were alive? More tax base and no illegals?! ;):D

Tim, kids? Have you seen how much Planned 'parenthood' gets? I dont think kids are high on our govt radar. Just lip service. Imagine if 50 million more Americans were alive? More tax base and no illegals?! ;):D

You were thinking much more than I .

Planned parenthood is mostly eliminating possible welfare recipients, not tax producers. Course they would be voters also, guess that is where the illegals come in. Voters that work and contribute some instead of nothing. Don't get me wrong, I hate everything planned parenthood stands for. Like all things most people don't want, call it by a name that sounds good and uninformed think it is something good. Don't mean to sidetrack your thread, sorry

Man....weeks of near 60 and dry. Everyone pumping manure. Berry guys fert and planting. Now in 1 day 3" of rain. The Tribe is gonna be pissed. I unfortunately know with that much rain there has to be run off. Then they will have to close their shell fish beds. The big tribe hired a lawyer now who convinced a judge inland manure should be treated like garbage reg wise. Great....

Cranberry cane bales.

20150316_175219_zps4kebiyfo.jpg

They are taking them to the field this way ...

20150316_175341_zpsnmfhnxe1.jpg

Then wheel them out the the thin spots and kinda rake them in. He'll sell the rest. Just have to keep then wet N cool.

20150316_175314_zpswhe1kydf.jpg