life in our corner

TroyDairy

Did taxes today with the accountant. According to paper we did well. Hummm...according to my checking we did....same as always? Funny how that works aint it?

Got a qoute to haul my new trailer out. $3300+....yikes. Dad started looking for a new truck in Sioux Falls so he could get it then tow the unit back. Brother said "NO".

20150216_180801_LLS_zpsuxx1rlfc.jpg

6pm here last wed. Winter sunsets are always the nicest imo.

Oh and brother and the guy who chops for us left today to get the cattle trailer. He said he was getting bored. They are even gonna swing into Mt Rushmore Monday. Even volunteered his 05 1ton Dodge for it. Said it gets 21 on the freeway, my duramax gets like 15. Pray for a safe trip....this time.

20150126_101208_zpsn7dps119.jpg

THink I forgot this. Uncle mirror on his T600 when we borrowed it last month (if it's a encore...call me Gary)

20150127_170604_zpscdkzcxau.jpg

After WAY more redneck engineering to make it at least look right. Frikin things are 300 used!

That Cummins will get them there, maybe a little slower than the Duramax. They should get a good 15 to 16 mpg with the trailer, so should have some gingle in the pocket when they get home! As far as rolling over and playing dead, the Cummins is as good as the Duramax!! Here's to a safe trip! Oh, if they get close enough to Wyoming to find a true Sinclair station, they should reward that Cummins with a little smooooth sippin speerits!!!!

Binder Books, hard to beat, And good people!!

20150220_093030_zps2ibnbbhj.jpg

Got some used bias 20.8 for the new 186. (Had it a year!) It looks kinda like a puller. With them big tires and little frts! Have to get a pic of it outside to really see the rake.

Get those front spokes chromed and it'd be getting Gonzo thinkin'. :ph34r::D

lo!

Crazy thing is I am sure them rims aint factory. But the paint on it is 100% the same fade and texture as the rest of it. He must of put them on new or they were dealer installed. Had 14.9-38 on it when we got her.

Troy..what kind of TMR mixer do you have and what do you power it with. Our old backup is a triolet zkt2400 we bought new 10 years ago. We now as a Knight 5073 we got year old two years ago. Pulled with 5140, 1586, 3588, 4630, 7140 . Sticking with the magnums on the mixer now. Put 1400+ hours on 7140 in 11 months

NDE 2654, 3 years thus april. Love it! Had it on the McC 135....did a pto. Bought a old 7140 mfd last year with 10k on it. Been good...about 1800/year..we did some tillage too and mowed with it. Ran the mixer with the 1066 them times.

We looked at the NDE mixers 10 years ago . Liked them but they were made in north Dakota , and so was tom dashel ..... we went with the triolet as 20 miles from a dealer and 40 miles from the northeast sales rep. Magnum is awesome on it. We didn't have a close dealer for the NDE

For you Easterners freezing....

20150210_085229_zpsz2wd4bgb.jpg

Thanks Troy I needed that this is what I had This past Saturday morning 7902461E-2A68-4C10-8DE5-A89A265C7C0F_zps

And then the fith weekend in a row with snow I worked plowing it Sat night till Sun am and came home to this in the backyard there's a dog house on the left and my Daughters little car roof just showing and tomorrow Am is supposed to be -20

A440F267-428C-40DA-8EDF-0DB4CD0127C7_zps

And I'm sure there's allot of people worse off than us it's bad now it's been like a heat wave when it gets to 15 degrees out

Would not like to try to pull a 1500cf up the hill in the winter. This magnum is awesome compared to everything before . Since we put chains on the front and the duals we can pull a full load up without towing it. Had lots of ice and hassle snow this year..keeps putting a fresh coat on the cinders every day have a foot in the fields yet

Ok..tim you need to do pics of these hills you speak off. Friends dairy is near flat as a board. When you build on a new site you make it level! Fun to take new folks to it. The 8430 an mixer looks like a toy 2600 ft down the barns feed alley. Then you realize it's coming at you 10 mph unloading feed!