life in our corner

TroyDairy

Kitchen remodel just got down sized a bit!

By half? Neighbor just got a kitchen remodel quoted and it came in at $40,000 not sure what was all being done. Not looking forward to seeing the quote for our house:(. Once the trans is down overhaul the engine and you will have a new tractor!

The engine is perfect but the seal! 40k.?!...15k for just a update. House was remodeled in 81. She has lived with 80s style and frankly hideous floors long enough.....and i guess so have i since it's all i remember! Construction is always more than you think for sure.

Interesting the weld broke. Simply spun on shaft. Since we did not try or screw around the damage is very little. Tomorrow when its all apart we'll determine if a 100% rebuild is needed. Everything looks really nice so far. 20141014_131017_zpshpr7fdih.jpg

Down payment? What the he!! are you driving?

Well if you must know my wife drives a 2006 Buick Rainer, I think we paid 18k for it in 2008 with 24k miles on it. I don't think we will get off that cheap next time we purchase a vehicle. Some SUV vehicles seem to have such long sloping front windshield I hit my head getting in so that's the first box to check off the list when looking at new or used stuff. The little jap cars I can get in too ok, it's the getting out part is where the problem starts.

Interesting the weld broke. Simply spun on shaft. Since we did not try or screw around the damage is very little. Tomorrow when its all apart we'll determine if a 100% rebuild is needed. Everything looks really nice so far. 20141014_131017_zpshpr7fdih.jpg

Last time I saw rig broke like that it was a deere 7285 IVT with 1600 hours, cab off, all rear tires off, split into 3 sections , all the steps, tanks,weights, 3 pt off, all that for maybe a $50.00 part that couldn't be replaced by the dealer only a remaned IVT was the fix. Needless to say it scared the H3LL out me enough I don't see one of those being on this farm.

Well if you must know my wife drives a 2006 Buick Rainer, I think we paid 18k for it in 2008 with 24k miles on it. I don't think we will get off that cheap next time we purchase a vehicle. Some SUV vehicles seem to have such long sloping front windshield I hit my head getting in so that's the first box to check off the list when looking at new or used stuff. The little jap cars I can get in too ok, it's the getting out part is where the problem starts.

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend. Just was totally surprised and shook by the thought of 20k only being a down payment on a car.

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend. Just was totally surprised and shook by the thought of 20k only being a down payment on a car.

AKwelder, No offense taken, It's all good. I was only trying to humor Troy.

AK...heck if she wants a new Suburban they are $65000 new....retarded. Humm a rental house in Texas or new car? Thats why she will never get a new anything! ;-) Kids will make a mess new or used I had determined anyway!

Buffy...Dean VD just traded his IVT 7200R. Employees said it wont creep when stacking. Get to end of pile and JUMP to the edge. No feather. Deere reprogrammed it 2-3x and no change neighbor kid who works for him says. Deere gave up and got him a new one. IVT again....kid said his last summer for him. Said thing is just unsafe for stacking.

The engine is perfect but the seal! 40k.?!...15k for just a update. House was remodeled in 81. She has lived with 80s style and frankly hideous floors long enough.....and i guess so have i since it's all i remember! Construction is always more than you think for sure.

i built custom cabinets for 3 years. sometimes a new kitchen could come in at 30k. just our cabinets. counter tops. sinks. and interriors. i always tell people to get a price they want to spend on a remodel. then double that price.

hope things get better td

AK...heck if she wants a new Suburban they are $65000 new....retarded. Humm a rental house in Texas or new car? Thats why she will never get a new anything! ;-) Kids will make a mess new or used I had determined anyway!

Buffy...Dean VD just traded his IVT 7200R. Employees said it wont creep when stacking. Get to end of pile and JUMP to the edge. No feather. Deere reprogrammed it 2-3x and no change neighbor kid who works for him says. Deere gave up and got him a new one. IVT again....kid said his last summer for him. Said thing is just unsafe for stacking.

If I knew how to post photo's easy I would show what the problem was, Sounds like the same thing issue, the 7285 IVT had the same issue due to a 5/8's size pin that pushes on a cam the cam gets a round hole worn into it then the speed shifting is jumpy.

Me and the wife were out and we drove through the car lot. She said "sure, get a new truck, do you like these?" Or words to that affect

Pulled up beside a king ranch, diesel, dually, and said I really like it, could she run over and check the price.

She didn't say a word for a while. The told me "you can't have that one!" I asked why, said her first house wasn't that much. Sticker price was was over 80k

Dishwasher here just failed ind got water under the flooring. Structure is still good. But we are going to be remodeling. I just asked her to do it while the weather is nice enough for grilling.

It's going to hurt when the bill comes, but she cooks, not just dump the box in a microwave. She cooks every meal and we eat at the table.

And the kids tear it up like Troy says, they can break an anvil with a feather duster, I don't know how, but they could do it.

Troy

I rented one of the local spud farmers JD 7420 IVT to do some bush hogging one fall. I got a quick lesson on how to run it, that's fair easy to run. How ever I can see why the kid wouldn't want to run it on a silage stack. As I was mowing I spun in the seat to the left the little speed adjust wheel caught under the steering wheel and cranked the speed up from about 5mph to 10 or 12mph. The tractor jumped forward like a horse smacked on the hind end. Scared the crap out of me. I hit the clutch to stop it till I figured out what I did. I for one would not want to run on where "going over side" is a real possibility.

Matt

Finishing metal on the new barn...

20141016_130621_zpsufiqdwun.jpg

Sold the trailer yesterday. Young fellow from Dad's church is in USCG and got trans to Illwaco WA from Ketchican AK. Illwaco is a USCG station and mini mart. Cant find any living places. So he is gonna try this.

20141015_101351_zpsaogrkas0.jpg

Dishwasher here just failed ind got water under the flooring. Structure is still good. But we are going to be remodeling. I just asked her to do it while the weather is nice enough for grilling.

It's going to hurt when the bill comes, but she cooks, not just dump the box in a microwave. She cooks every meal and we eat at the table.

And the kids tear it up like Troy says, they can break an anvil with a feather duster, I don't know how, but they could do it.

Kinda like heifers. ...cows break everything, heifers destroy everything

Good to see your having a good year Troy. We got all your weather and you got ours

20141017_090247_zpskmiwghsf.jpg

So 15 months later the parlor is 100% done. Radiate heater all installed. The Hot Dawg one will go into the shop. It did nothing in here. Wait....there is still the 2nd water hose to install yet too.....dang

How do you train em not to poop in the parlor or do you have a gutter above the milkers? We didn't have anything that fancy. Homebuilt (me) double 12. Never liked milking in the parlor. I liked going between the cows in tie stalls. Couldn't do that with that many ;)

A few pics back I showed the hospital barn that's a flat barn and bucket setup. Dad milked in a dbl 8 flat barn (where the new parlor is now) with free stalls for the girls. He did that for 14 years.....said he would never let a man do that ever again. The $ he saved using and setting up that flat parlor will not even dent his pain and cost for knee replacement. Hopefully sooner than later. He is really getting slow compared to a couple years ago.

There is a gutter about top rear udder height. Then the frt is on a air bag that juuusst pushes them back enough to keep their rump against the back. Here is some more pics....

http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80591&hl=parlor&page=1

20141020_143208_zpsromrrmsj.jpg

6-8 week old cement.....cracked 38 year old drain line. Must broke it when we took the old stalls out in Aug. Now it backs up and floods new maternity pen.. real nice. I broke down and bought a Demo-saw. Cut a hole and then we formed up a plywood box and made a "catch basin" basically. Then we can clean it out here and 2 other points toward the milk house. The line is a bit too flat....settles I guess...it goes into the pit right under me and the skid steer. Nothing else to do today........