life in our corner

TroyDairy

20140905_111930_zpsnhb0rzdw.jpg

South. I need to drop 800' down to that. 6% grade and a 90 degree flat corner then onto the bridge. Over the bridge is a 7 mile 4-5% loooong grade. Way out back there is the Wanapum Dam.

20140905_130434_zps84zbxg2u.jpg

Ski resort with no snow....

20140830_134908_zpspr6jvisb.jpg

Now what? Go call a Navistar dealer for 2 mounts. The hole is egged out and the pin walked out into the rim. Good thing the distributer air valve by the trunnion was leaking air. Made brother lean down to see what it was and he noticed the pin

Impromptu bbq at Silver lake last night. About 20 min up the hills. FIL and BIL called at 4 and said "why not?". Gonna be raining in about 4-5 weeks so we better enjoy it. Perfect evening for it...70-75 and comfy. Camp ground here too. 90% canadians so I dont go much up here. Also you are only allowed electric or 5hp motors on it so its quiet. I would guess it is only about a 100 acre lake/pond. the county runs the park and tosses trout in it every spring.

20140906_175859_zpskfvrinwo.jpg

20140906_182529_zpspnkietfw.jpg

Ive ran one of those (without the cart) to cut block for a basement we were building one time. (I work construction) They are blast to run and loud as heck. It was like running a chain saw but with the round blade you had to hold on to it because it would tend to have that gyroscopic effect. I loved waking up the neighbors at 7 am running it. hahha

Chris

Ive ran one of those (without the cart) to cut block for a basement we were building one time. (I work construction) They are blast to run and loud as heck. It was like running a chain saw but with the round blade you had to hold on to it because it would tend to have that gyroscopic effect. I loved waking up the neighbors at 7 am running it. hahha

Chris

With the parlor and barn projects the last 2 years we've borrowed these alot from friends. Its $1800 for the Husqvarna cart/saw deal. With $300/day old bulls I am thinking. Guy that has this Stihl has a Husq demo saw as well. Biggest model......BAD ASS! Cut 3' of 6" wall in about 45 sec! BIG and heavy but so fast its amazing. The gyro effect keeps you awake for sure

If you have ever chopped with a self propelled using trucks you would understand. It is so you can dump into the truck then the truck just pulls ahead and the chopper guy swings pipe to the right and starts blowing right into truck. We have a Richardton 700 set up the same way. When we bought it we turned it around on the running gear.

If you have ever chopped with a self propelled using trucks you would understand. It is so you can dump into the truck then the truck just pulls ahead and the chopper guy swings pipe to the right and starts blowing right into truck. We have a Richardton 700 set up the same way. When we bought it we turned it around on the running gear.

Yea, my richardton also dumps on the right. Makes it easier chopping into trucks after dumping, I have used left dumping wagons and it's harder to top off the truck when you can't see the driver.

Troy, just about 15 more pages and you'll reach 100. All can say is WOW!!!! Should be close to 1000 posts!!! Just pointing out the obvious. :)

My fingers are getting stiff!

Yep the rt dump Wagon make pulling up easy. We just used the Wagon on the rounds then straight side load the rest of the field. Hey at least we ain't Cali! Side load to the left! Makes 0 sense.

I've spent a lot of time driving trucks with SP choppers. We seldom use dump wagons, except to cut where it too wet for the trucks. One operator chops to the left, and one to the right. I like being on the right, so I can see the operator. I think chopping to the left is a throwback to pull-type choppers, as is the left dumping wagons.

I agree dave. Locally a guy I know sold their Wagon and said he'd side load all of it all year. I think he got another one in a season or so. The trucks could not go (or made a mess off) in wetter grass and cover crop fields. Dump Wagons are kinda nice since they replace a truck in a way. But lf loading looks like a bear in a semi. Cali has 10 row heads and 40' trailers loading like that. Seems odd.

So if your ever temped to use 40 year old IH rims and 90s vintage CIH centers.................DONT

20140911_143606_zpsf9vj3qco.jpg

The PO welded them stands on and they keep cracking. Either pinching the tube or bleeding out air. The centers are from a 34" 5200. Try finding a rim for a 20.8/38 to fit a 34" rim center... Finally gave in and bought all new frikin rims and wheels. You dont wanna know $. But SICK of having tire guy out monthly. We've had them cleaned up and pro-welded and to no avail. 130 hp is way to much for them blocks. Plus Cal. Do it correct dont mix n match...

20140911_143611_zpsx5qsvmlt.jpg

If you have have a chance to fall off the steps of a Sq Magnum when the oil check door is open.......Dont. The little plastic peg that holds it shut is a weapon when the door is against the tire and pointed at your back as you try grabbing the handle on the way down. Yeah there is anothe shallower one on the lf shoulder blade too. Yes I swore quite profusely...and no it did not help at all.

20140912_063739_zpspg3bjdu7.jpg

Holy moley that hurts. Looks like stitches are in order. Swearing does not help the wound, but somehow it seems to keep you from crying like a baby. Hope that gets well soon. Better get to the doctor and get that taken care of. Blood poisoning is nothing to play with.

Not sure if it's my fav or annoying yet! Them new potato diggers move. He had to be doing 4-5 mph. No creeper gear needed now days. This field is peat and really dry....like digging in flour. Grows good spuds....on dry years.