life in our corner

TroyDairy

I know! When the tire guy drops them we scratch our heads sometimes. The farm postal jeep only get bunker tires! The tires act like mattresses and when the bedding is piled it keeps it in and prevents digging. Dad was to the rt troweling around the tires. They are about 40% out of the cement.

Cal Jerry. No one here handles the beet juice I am aware of. Just pumped out the 10 year old cal from the old tire and put it into the new. Rims looked great.

Aren't you worried about spilling it in the bunker?

Cal Jerry. No one here handles the beet juice I am aware of. Just pumped out the 10 year old cal from the old tire and put it into the new. Rims looked great.

No. Should I be? Feed wont be in here for a month plus when we do corn. The floor is rough from the silage juice already too.

No. Should I be? Feed wont be in here for a month plus when we do corn. The floor is rough from the silage juice already too.

My nephew doesn't take a chance on anything near where the feed is stored. Read the other post on calcium chloride. Hydraulic oil is most toxic in the feed. A couple years ago we busted a hydraulic hose in the bunker and he called Purdue right away because it sprayed over some silage. They said to get it out of there and destroy it. Several manure spreader loads of silage lost.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I would sure hate to see you loose some cows or anyone else for that matter. You know the old saying "if in doubt, DON'T".

my 2 cents - jerry

I see what your saying there. In a empty bay we wont drive in or store feed in for a month plus I wont fret. Ya, I wont be letting him park in the hay bay and do it! We've had a loader line blow on the stack before. Ran it down ASAP and left it. Us and the nutritionist figured 2 gallons misted over 2300 tons would prob never show up on a sample. And it was near impossible to figure out where to start clean up. Never did see anything on the stack or in the bunk. Sounds like your nephew is a sharp operator.

every year i go to reymans grocery in holly or duncan lockers in sarycuse and have a cow butchered. im slowly evening the odds in colorado. step on me. ill turn you into hamburger. ill take the ground up organ meat back to my dog. go ahead fatty. step on me. make my day. had to help a neighbor give his cow a few shots. nothing like getting drug across half a mile of sage brush and wild rosmary to make you want to turn that miserable bovine into a steak. i dont trust them critters troy. just look at those eyes. killers i tell ya

Well this looks nice!

20140818_151942_zpswodiz8it.jpg

This field looks great! Was pulling out reel for irrigating and could not see anything it was so tall. Much better than last season. We've had some timely rains...but not quite enough yet.

20140818_193204_zps2x6mwohy.jpg

Nice little treat on the new Titans...

20140819_155748_zpsyualbrsc.jpg

Titan is really proud of that Made in USA label. They should be! Don't put water in them.

Man, I feel like been hit by a truck. I have never had a worse cold in my life. Dang fever, super stuffed sinuses, bloody snot, cant talk and did not sleep ..period.. for 3 nights. Finally slept last night. 1/4 bottle of the Tylenol Cold n Flu was required. Musta worked. Of course my brother is on vacation so cant be a normal week.

About 3000 units of vitamin C per day will make that cold better. Zinc is also a good supplement. Must have been that calcium you inhaled filling that tire the other day. :P Hope you get well soon. I enjoy these posts from "your corner".

Man, I feel like been hit by a truck. I have never had a worse cold in my life. Dang fever, super stuffed sinuses, bloody snot, cant talk and did not sleep ..period.. for 3 nights. Finally slept last night. 1/4 bottle of the Tylenol Cold n Flu was required. Musta worked. Of course my brother is on vacation so cant be a normal week.

troy. just finished a horrible cold myself. nothing would touch it. most miserable ive felt since having west nile. its a god aweful feeling and you have my sympathies