life in our corner

TroyDairy

Yeah, my thoughts exactly! My daughter and I were talking about that this morning while doing sow chores.

Only about 1 month until school starts, and we still have hay to finish up, oats to harvest and straw to bale. Hope it all gets done....

TD, Hub City PTO Reverser will work on a Cub or Gear drive Cub Cadet with rear PTO to drive 540 RPM. PWR

Thanks, good to know.

989, what we do is a bit S of the border engineering. You cant quite see it but right where the Vac intake is there is a little ball valve. It is for sucking up a cleaning solution monthly to keep the rotors from binding with milk vapor (not good). I just leave the valve open and then the HZ go from 11 to 21 making the motor spin fast enough for it's own fan to cool. That day was 90 and the equip room got warm. I forgot to flip on the 36" Barn fan I got blowing into the room also. So the tank Compressors were pushing all that warm air into a warm room on a hot day! But I am thinking to just sit my old 24" house box fan there for some help. Besides keeping it cool will help it live. x+y=problems

Oh and for more excitement the wiring on the irrigation pump motor fried. Had to pull all 60' to get it fixed but at least the motor is ok.

20140801_123328_zpsxbzm7n4g.jpg

The pto on a cub spins at engine speed and direction (backwards to standard pto direction). I've never heard of anyway to convert them but I'm no cub expert either.

Smaller tractors like the A and B had the small 1 1/8 diameter 540 shaft for the first few years of production then switched to the larger 1 3/8 shaft.

Orchard 6,

our 1939 Farmall H, #FBH 681 also has that small PTO shaft. This is a different than later round, flat PTO too. They didn't have the familiar shield over them either. There was a "small can" that bolted on with one or two bolts. Gary or OBG ;)

post-5643-0-56603700-1406997506_thumb.jp

The pto on a cub spins at engine speed and direction (backwards to standard pto direction). I've never heard of anyway to convert them but I'm no cub expert either.

Smaller tractors like the A and B had the small 1 1/8 diameter 540 shaft for the first few years of production then switched to the larger 1 3/8 shaft.

Orchard 6,

our 1939 Farmall H, #FBH 681 also has that small PTO shaft. This is a different than later round, flat PTO too. They didn't have the familiar shield over them either. There was a "small can" that bolted on with one or two bolts. Gary or OBG ;)

attachicon.gif1939 Farmall H PTO red_edited-1.jpg

This Cub is a like a mini 1000 shaft in appearance. What speed did they go anyway?

For fun.........THIS is what I am talking about jack! Beyond cool.

http://www.welderup.com/news/32-ford-truck

20140801_114414_zpsnpcu83lb.jpg

Brady Boy just left! Peach of a fellow! Now back to work. Ready for the pump.

Thanks Troy!! It was a pleasure to spend time with you, and thanks for the 50 cent tour of your operation and the area. I got video, will be getting it ready! Bill

20140803_175713_zps1aakrgpm.jpg

Took the girls out to the Bay after naps and church. Jam (mama) is about 100 yards out with the older 2. This Bay is super warm b/c its real shallow. You can honestly walk near a mile out and be waist deep. When big low tide happens you can walk across the entire mouth.... 2 miles across.

20140803_175630_zpsjlkagwpg.jpg

The 16 month old fell. Got up then looked around....and fell again giggling. Must like the beach!

On the cub 540 note. You know I dont know if anything I have could be ran buy 20 hp! Be a toy and thats it. I hate he just drug it over to the uncles heifer farm and leaves it sit out for 2 years. New carb and tune up to boot. Wont run right he claims. He's not a mechanic so if you leave it outside and after 3 years it dont fire up and run smooth it must be the tractors fault.

20140804_125109_zps6e2thuam.jpg

This riser and eco block moved just enough to break the seal on the manure lines. At least leaked 4 hours...under a bridge....at the end of a closed valve....on the very edge of the farm. A hole neighbor (he sells manure equip) called screaming 1 mile downstream about us and jail and manure. He has flat lied and false reported us before. My brother went to check and he wasnt this time. But when he confronted this big 'my s dont stink' sucker about the proof and documentation we have he has lied he shut up. Now we have a full eco block instead of a half. ****** me off when we get blamed for a NRCS designed system failure of part he sold us. uuuuggghhh

Those rear view mirrors are awesome :)

IMG_20130816_065158_zpsd13dadec.jpg

He is resting on a farm we rent. If you look close it has a Darigold emblem painted on the door, Must of been a old can hauler.

My step dad was a can hauler for many years, before he switched over to bulk. 365 days a year job, would be too many days a year for me. His last truck was a nice big IH.